Classic Plus - the new Plant Protein Blend from Sunwarrior
Organic Certified Classic Plus builds on Sunwarrior’s Original Rice Protein by adding in the amino acid balancing effects of peas, chia seeds, quinoa, and amaranth. This superfood combination still relies heavily on the gentle nature of whole-grain brown rice, but with a hefty dose of the strength that has made Warrior Blend so popular.
Plant-based and powerful, Classic Plus gives you that little extra you want and need. You’ll love the way it tastes, but how it makes you feel is really why we call it Plus.
Which ingredients can you find in Sunwarrior Classic Plus?1. Rice Protein
Brown rice provides plenty of protein and fiber while being gentle on the digestive system and kind to those with allergies. This whole-grain superfood is sprouted and ready to take your workouts to new levels with all the amino acids a growing muscle needs.
- Complete and balanced protein for muscle, building, repair, and maintenance
- Rich in Lysine, often missing in plant-based proteins
- Hypoallergenic (free of major allergens)
2. Pea Protein
A high fiber, low calorie, nutrient dense vegetarian superfood, peas are also a remarkable source of plant-based proteins and amino acids. Protein from peas satisfies all FAO essential amino acid requirements. The amino acids found in peas include Lysine, Arginine, Glutamine, Leucine, Isoleucine & Valine (Branched Chain Amino Acids – BCAAs)
- Comparable to egg and milk proteins
- BCAAs are higher in pea protein than any other vegetable protein
- Low in sulfur proteins (sulfur proteins speed up the aging process)
Highly valued by the Incan civilization for good reason, quinoa is rich in protein, fiber, calcium, B vitamins, and many other nutrients. This grain-like seed helps balance out the amino acid profile without worry over gluten.
- Contains beneficial saponins that stimulate immune function and act as antioxidants
- Rich in magnesium, manganese, iron, copper, and other trace minerals
Chia seeds are the tiny nutrient-dense powerhouses that the Aztecs used to feed their people, armies, hunting parties, and runners. We’ve rediscovered their power and thankfully don’t have to invent a time machine or brave the ancient jungle to take advantage of all these little seeds have to offer.
- Rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega fatty acids
- Contain both soluble and insoluble fiber for prebiotic effects
- Absorb water for improved hydration
- Rich in antioxidants
Amaranth is another ancient world staple. It has a similar nutrient profile to quinoa and the same yield as rice, making it a sustainable alternative to other grains and seeds.
- Contains a good amount of Lysine, an amino acid often lacking in plant-foods