Algae Calcium - pure plant based Calcium with high bioavailability
Algae Calcium is unique vegetable Calcium source with great bioavailability and bioactivity. But Algae Calcium not only provides Calcium - it is a complete natural multi-mineral complex, containing also magnesium and 72 other marine minerals and trace elements.
The elements contained are at trace quantities and are insigniﬁcant alone, but within the multimineral matrix they work synergistically and give a powerful boost to the action of the calcium and magnesium. The combination of calcium and trace minerals together enhances the rate at which calcium absorption takes place and also contributes to bone health.
Unlike other mineral sources, Algae Calcium is derived from 100% calcified red algae seaweed and contains a unique trace mineral proﬁle gained from its marine source. Its unique honeycombed vegetative cell structure absorbs trace minerals from the surrounding seawater and gives it a number of significant benefits from it’s chemical behaviour to its absorption.
Advantages of Algae Calcium:
- is a pure natural, vegetal product, derived from mineralised red algae
- rich in highly bioavailable and bioactive Calcium
- supplies an additional 73 minerals and trace elements of vegetal source
- many studies prove its positive effect for the body
- free from any additives and flowing agents
- filled in vegetable capsules
- suitable vor vegetarians and vegans
- very good price/performance ratio
- free from side effects
Where is Algae Calcium derived from?
Aquamin is harvested in the cool, clean and pristine waters off the coast of Iceland. In an area untouched by international shipping and industry, where the warm waters of the gulfstream meet the cold clean waters of the artic the perfect conditions exist for deposits of Lithothamnion to build up.
What can Algae Calcium do for you?
In many studies, Algae Calcium has shown its positive effects on improving bone health, joints and also digestive health.
- preserves bone structure and strength*
- inhibits bone mineral density loss
- aids in mineralisation and maturation of bone cells
- supports fast and effective PTH (parathyroid hormone) suppression and protection from exercise-induced bone loss
- Algae Calcium and Vitamin D3 show proven synergy in enhancing bone mineralisation
- shows proven anti-inflammatory activity
- reduces of pain and stiffness for people who suffer from osteoarthritis
- has the ability to reduce NSAID medication by up to 50% for sufferers of osteoarthritis
- improves the symptoms of colitis in anti-inflammatory activity demonstrated in the GI tract
- protects from liver damage*
- protects from polyp formation*
- maintains a healthier stomach wall* * while on a high fat Western diet
Calcium, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 work together
Those, who take Calcium supplements on a regular basis, should also make sure to get enough Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2.
Vitamin D controls the uptake of calcium in the digestive system and is also responsible for the formation of the Gla-protein osteocalcin within the bones. This protein is required for the uptake of Calcium into the bones.
Experts recommend sufficient sun exposure 2 to 3 times per week to build enough Vitamin D in the skin or the intake 5000 IU Vitamin D in the form of capsules or drops, to maintain a healthy 25(OH)D blood value of 61 to 80 ng/ml.
The biosynthesis of osteocalcin is vitamin-K-dependent. This means that only Vitamin K2 can activate osteocalcin in order for it to function properly. Therefore, people who want to make sure that Algae Calcium can increase bone density efficiently, should get enough Vitamin K2. At the same time, Vitamin K2 prevents calcium to be stored in the arteries, where it may contribute to the formation of ateriosclerotic plaques.
Scientific studies have shown, that approximately 200 mcg Vitamin K2 per day are necessary to activate all Gla-proteins.
Calcium needs Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 in order to be optimal absorbed and used by the body. Therefore we suggest to combine one of the following product with Algae Calcium:- Vitamin D3 5000 plus 200 mcg Vitamin K2
- Vitamin D3 2500 plus 100 mcg Vitamin K2