Algae Calcium - pure plant based Calcium with high bioavailability
Algae Calcium is unique plant-based Calcium source with great bioavailability and bioactivity. But Algae Calcium not only provides Calcium - it is a complete natural multi-mineral complex, containing also magnesium and 72 other marine minerals and trace elements.
Besides Calcium, all other elements are present in trace quantities. They are insigniﬁcant alone, but within the multimineral matrix they work synergistically and support the tasks of calcium and magnesium. The combination of calcium and trace minerals enhances the rate at which calcium absorption takes place and also contributes to bone health.
Unlike other mineral sources, Algae Calcium is derived from 100% calcified red algae seaweed and contains a unique trace mineral proﬁle, because of its marine source. Its unique honeycombed vegetative cell structure absorbs trace minerals from the surrounding seawater. This results in a number of significant benefits, from it’s chemical behaviour in the body to its absorption.
Advantages of Algae Calcium:
- pure natural, vegetal product, derived from calcified red algae
- rich in highly bioavailable and bioactive Calcium
- supplies an additional 73 minerals and trace elements from plant based source
- many studies prove its positive effect for the body
- free from additives and flowing agents
- filled in vegetable capsules
- suitable vor vegetarians and vegans
- very good price/performance ratio
- free from side effects
Where is Algae Calcium derived from?
Algae Calcium is harvested in the cool, clean and pristine waters off the coast of Iceland. In an area untouched by international shipping and industry, where the warm waters of the gulfstream meet the cold clean waters of the arctic, the perfect conditions exist for deposits of Lithothamnion to build up.
What can Algae Calcium do for you?
In many studies, Algae Calcium has shown its positive effects on improving bone health, joints and also digestive health.
- preserves bone structure and strength*
- inhibits bone mineral density loss
- aids in mineralisation and maturation of bone cells
- supports fast and effective PTH (parathyroid hormone) suppression and protection from exercise-induced bone loss
- Algae Calcium and Vitamin D3 show proven synergy in enhancing bone mineralisation
- shows proven anti-inflammatory activity
- reduces of pain and stiffness for people who suffer from osteoarthritis
- has the ability to reduce NSAID medication by up to 50% for sufferers of osteoarthritis
- improves the symptoms of colitis due to its anti-inflammatory activity, demonstrated in the GI tract
- protects from liver damage*
- protects from the formation of polyps*
- maintains a healthier stomach wall*
* while on a high fat Western diet
Calcium, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 work together
Those, who take Calcium supplements on a regular basis, should also make sure to get enough Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2.
Vitamin D controls the uptake of calcium in the digestive system and is also responsible for the formation of the GLA-protein osteocalcin within the bones. This protein is essential for the uptake of Calcium into the bones.
Experts recommend sufficient sun exposure 2 to 3 times per week to build enough Vitamin D in the skin or the intake of 5000 IU Vitamin D in the form of capsules or drops, to maintain a healthy 25(OH)D blood value of 61 to 80 ng/ml.
The biosynthesis of osteocalcin is vitamin-K-dependent. This means that only Vitamin K2 can activate osteocalcin in order for it to function properly. Therefore, people who want to make sure that Algae Calcium can increase bone density efficiently, should get enough Vitamin K2. At the same time, Vitamin K2 prevents calcium to be stored in the arteries, where it may contribute to the formation of atheriosclerotic plaques.
Scientific studies have shown, that approximately 200 mcg Vitamin K2 per day are necessary to activate all GLA-proteins.
Calcium needs Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2 in order to be absorbed and used by the body efficiently. Therefore we suggest to combine one of the following product with Algae Calcium:- Vitamin D3 5000 plus 200 mcg Vitamin K2
- Vitamin D3 2500 plus 100 mcg Vitamin K2
- Egg Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Lactose Free
- No Magnesium Stearate
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Free of Colors
- No Flavors
- Preservative Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated