In the cosmetics industry, hyaluronic acid has been valued as a valuable ingredient for creams, serums, and co. for many years. But the active ingredient can do much more and can be used in a wide range due to its versatile properties.
What can hyaluronic acid do for you ?
Hyaluronic acid is an important component of various tissues and organs in the body. A deficiency can lead to various complaints.
- Radiant complexion: With age, the body's own hyaluronic production decreases more and more. The skin loses elasticity and develops wrinkles. The use of suitable preparations can contribute to improved skin moisture and elasticity of the skin and thus to a decrease in the depth of wrinkles. People with a tendency to blemishes such as pimples or blackheads can also benefit from the intake.
- Skin health: Hyaluronic acid can not only contribute to a beautiful complexion, it can also have a positive effect on skin health. Various studies have shown that hyaluronic acid supports the body's wound healing.
- Agility and mobility: Hyaluronic acid is also found in the joints in the body. With permanent overload, but also with inflammation, the hyaluronic acid content in the joint decreases and painful joint irritation can occur. Hyaluronic acid as a dietary supplement can help maintain normal joint function and support you on the way to greater mobility.
Buying hyaluronic acid - what should you pay attention to ?There is a large selection of hyaluronic acid preparations on the Internet. We will show you what you have to be aware of.
- Products and dosage forms
- Variants and dosage
- Intake and tolerance
- Additives and allergens
- Price-performance ratio
- Satisfaction guarantee
Products and dosage forms
Hyaluronic acid for consumption is mainly offered in the form of powder, tablets or capsules. Gels or creams with hyaluron are suitable for external use. Learn more about the advantages and disadvantages of the individual dosage forms here.
Hyaluron Tablets To obtain tablets, hyaluronic acid powder is pressed in tablet form. The tablets can be dosed easily and taken quickly. They are also great for use when travelling.
- Hyaluronic acid capsules Hyaluron capsules also contain hyaluronic acid powder. The capsules can be dosed and taken just as easily as the tablets. They are therefore also good companions when traveling and in leisure time. Hyaluronic acid capsules with a plant-based capsule shell and plant-based hyaluron are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- Hyaluronic powder The hyaluronic acid powder can be stirred in water or juice. The powder can also be used to make body and face care products with hyaluronic acid.
- Hyaluronic creams and co. Hyaluron is part of many creams and other personal care products. Creams, gels or serums are mainly used by people who want to improve their complexion. It should be noted, however, that the creams cannot penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin and a profound effect is therefore not possible.
Hyaluronic acid: dosage and forms
If you buy pure hyaluronic acid, you have the choice between a plant-based variant and a form of animal origin. The purely plant-based hyaluronic acid is produced from glucose by fermentation. Animal hyaluronic acid, on the other hand, is obtained from cockscombs. The fermented hyaluronic acid with a low molecular weight has similar specific properties to the animal variant and is therefore a good alternative for vegans and vegetarians.
Both the molecular weight of the acid and the dosage play a decisive role in the absorption of hyaluron into the body. Due to its smaller size, low-molecular hyaluronic acid can penetrate the cells more quickly. The absorption of the substance is also favored by a higher dosage. The serving should therefore be at least 100 mg. Studies show that the water-binding and moisturising properties of hyaluronic acid can be shown from a dosage of at least 120 mg per day.
Application and tolerance
In an appropriate dosage, hyaluronic acid is well tolerated. Overdosing may cause skin irritation, joint discomfort, or itching. However, these symptoms usually resolve quickly.
OPC and hyaluronic acid can mutually support each other in their effects. It is advisable to take hyaluronic acid in combination with oligomeric proanthocyanidins. Vitamin C can also supplement the intake of hyaluronic acid. The vitamin is a powerful antioxidant, protects the skin from free radicals and, like hyaluron, also strengthens the tissues in the body.
Hyaluronic acid can also be combined with collagen or the co-enzyme Q10. Like hyaluronic acid, collagen is an important component of connective tissue, Q10 takes on various tasks in cell metabolism.
In the case of mobility restrictions and joint complaints, the combined intake of hyaluronic acid, chrondrotine sulphate and keratin can be useful.
Additives and allergens
When buying hyaluronic acid, you should make sure that the dietary supplement does not contain any unnecessary additives such as dyes, binders, or fillers. Allergy sufferers should also choose a preparation that is free of allergens such as soy, shellfish, or nuts.
Because hyaluronic acid is an endogenous substance, allergies are extremely rare. People with known allergies or people who are prone to hypersensitivity should pay close attention to the ingredients and the manufacturing process when choosing the preparation. Hyaluron from rooster combs is not suitable for people with an allergy to chicken egg white.
When buying hyaluronic acid, you should not just pay attention to the price. You can buy hyaluronic acid very cheaply on the Internet. Here, a closer look at the ingredients is recommended. On the one hand, strikingly cheap food supplements often contain unnecessary additives and also often have a lower hyaluronic acid content. As a result, you need to add a larger amount to achieve the desired effect.
When buying, you should also consider the molecular weight. Very cheap food supplements with hyaluron often contain hyaluronic acid with a molecular weight of 500,000 to 1,500,000 daltons. Hyaluronic acid with such a high molecular weight cannot be absorbed by the body, so that hardly any effect is to be expected when taken orally. The supposedly cheaper price is relativised quite quickly.
High-quality food supplements with a good price-performance ratio are characterised by a very low molecular weight of 3000 to 15,000 Daltons and thus by a very high affinity and bioavailability.
Hyaluronic acid is generally well tolerated in the recommended dosage. But even with very high-quality products, intolerances can occur in rare cases. If you buy your hyaluronic acid online from a retailer with a satisfaction guarantee, you can return it risk-free in the event of dissatisfaction or intolerance and get your money back.
Questions and answers about buying hyaluronic acid
You may also be interested in these questions and answers.Where can you buy hyaluronic acid ?
You can buy food supplements with hyaluronic acid on the internet, the selection is particularly broad here. Some preparations are also offered at the chemist and in drug stores.Who is hyaluronic acid suitable for ?
Hyaluronic acid gives stability to bones, cartilage, skin ,and connective tissue and at the same time provides the necessary elasticity. In contrast to creams and co., hyaluronic acid from capsules reaches the tissues of the whole body. Hyaluronic acid as a dietary supplement is therefore suitable for all people who want to fill up their hyaluronic acid deposits from the inside and who want to actively contribute to their well-being and health.