If you want to buy curcumin, you've come to the right place. With us, you will find curcumin capsules of the highest quality, with very high bioavailability, guaranteed free of unwanted additives. Before you buy curcumin capsules or tablets, you can find out what to look out for here.
Curcumin, which is obtained from turmeric (the yellow dye of curry), is used to prevent and treat diseases. The powerful plant vital substance is available in many different dosage forms: In addition to Curcuma capsules and tablets, the valuable active ingredient of turmeric can also be taken as curcumin powder or curcumin extract.
What can the vital substance do for you in particular?
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant: The positive effects that turmeric has on health have been used in traditional Indian and Chinese medicine for thousands of years. In addition to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, the natural vital substance is primarily used to promote digestion.
- Metabolism and nervous system: In the past few years, other known effects of curcuminoids have been investigated more closely in scientific studies. There were numerous indications that curcumoids have positive effects on the metabolism and the nervous system. Cell protection is of particular importance: A meta-analysis from 2015 comes to the conclusion that taking curcumin for several weeks can increase the level of the body's own antioxidants and reduce the presence of highly reactive, cell-damaging oxygen compounds.
- Joint and intestinal complaints: The anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effects of taking turmeric capsules or turmeric powder regularly have been investigated in further studies. So people who are affected by inflammatory joint diseases or intestinal complaints can benefit from the supportive effects of curcumin.
- Digestion Support: Supporting digestion is one of the traditional uses of turmeric: it is not for nothing that the yellow root is in powdered form in almost all Indian main dishes.
- Cholesterol management: There is also good evidence of a positive effect on cholesterol levels. Especially people who suffer from various lifestyle diseases such as obesity and liver problems seem to benefit from the use of specially prepared medical curcumin preparations.
To sum this up: The reduction of oxidative stress and inflammation generally has a positive effect on health. It prevents cell and tissue damage that not only affects well-being but can also lead to functional restrictions and loss of function in organs. Taking curcumin products in sufficient doses and over a longer period of time can help.
Buying curcumin - what should you pay attention to?
If you want to buy curcumin, you will find all the relevant information below to help you decide on a suitable product.
- Products and dosage forms
- Application and tolerance
- Additives and allergens
- Price-performance ratio
- Satisfaction guarantee
- Curcumin side effects
Products and dosage forms
Curcumin products are available in several different dosage forms. Not all of them are equally suitable for every purpose, and personal preferences should also play a role in the decision.
Turmeric capsules combine several advantages. The capsule form is not only practical, as it is easier to swallow than compressed tablets. They also contain no artificial additives and have excellent bioavailability - this means that the ingredients of the product are particularly well absorbed by the body. The mixture with oil is responsible for this because curcumin is a fat-soluble active ingredient. The long duration of action of 8 to 12 hours allows a once-daily intake for an adequate supply of active ingredients.
You'd rather buy turmeric powder? This is available either in pure form or as a mixture with other plant extracts. The curcumin powder is often taken dissolved in drinks.
Tablets are a simple and well-known dosage form for curcumin. They are not quite as easy to swallow as capsules, but they are a little cheaper, without losing quality.
The turmeric root is the plant-based carrier of curcumin, which is taken in the different dosage forms described. The root in its natural form can be used to flavor dishes, but due to its desfluctuating active substance content, it is not well suited for therapeutic use.
Application and tolerance
Curcumin is usually taken in capsule, tablet or powder form and is well tolerated when dosed correctly. However, intolerance reactions can occur in rare cases. If you experience such a reaction to taking a curcumin product, you should stop taking the preparation.
Curcumin infusion: In very rare cases, the active ingredient can also be administered as an infusion. However, this is only possible through a doctor.
Additives and allergens
Our naturally pure curcumin products do not contain any artificial additives, so intolerance and allergic reactions are very unlikely.
High-quality products are subject to strict controls and are therefore somewhat more expensive than preparations in which the origin of the ingredients is not sufficiently clarified. Remember that cheap products are often purchased for the price of poor quality. So if you want to buy turmeric capsules, in the interest of your health, always pay attention to a reasonable price/performance ratio.
Take a curcumin test: We are convinced of the quality of our products and guarantee satisfaction. If a product does not meet your requirements, you are always on the safe side with our “100-day money-back guarantee”.
Curcumin side effects
No side effects of curcumin are known when taken at the recommended dose.
Questions and answers about curcumin
The following questions and answers may be interesting if you want to buy curcumin.
When should curcumin be taken?
We recommend taking it once a day with a main meal. The exact time at which you take the preparation is not important. However, please note that the curcumin capsules we offer have a duration of action of 8 to 12 hours. It is therefore advisable to keep a time interval of at least 12 hours between two intakes.
What is the difference between turmeric and curcumin?
The turmeric root (Curcuma longa) is a type of plant from the ginger family, which is traditionally used as a spice, especially in Southeast Asia. Curcumin is the main active ingredient of the turmeric root, which is obtained from the rhizome of the plant.
How much curcumin should be taken per day?
The recommended daily dose is 400 mg if the preparation is used to maintain health. If you want to take curcumin capsules to help with health problems, a higher daily dose may be recommended. In this case, please contact your doctor and inquire about the dose that is right for you. An unauthorized high-dose intake of curcumin preparations can lead to undesirable side effects and should, therefore, be avoided.
How is curcumin taken?
We recommend taking the daily curcumin capsule with a glass of water with a meal. In order for the full effect to be achieved, it should be taken for at least three to six months.
Where can you buy curcumin supplements?
There are several ways to get curcumin products. In addition to the internet, where you should always pay attention to the reliability of the provider and proven quality of the product, you can also buy curcumin-based products in the pharmacy or in the health food store.
If you want to use the turmeric root, you can find it from some providers on the internet and in fresh or dried form in health food stores and occasionally from food retailers.
Many pharmacies offer curcumin in the form of capsules, tablets or powder.
Curcumin is also available in a liquid solution. The extract is offered by some health food stores and online retailers.
You can also buy turmeric powder in shops that specialize in Southeast Asian food and supplements.