Niacin 100mg with Flush Effekt
Niacin is also known as vitamin B3. Niacin is a collective term for nicotinic acid and niacinamide and is also an important component of NAD and NADP coenzymes, which play an important role in cell metabolism.
In the form of nicotinic acid, niacin creates a “flush” effect. It has been shown that in cases exhibiting a high level of cholesterol, niacin (nicotinic acid) is more effective at preventing arteriosclerosis than niacinamide, the flush-free form of niacin.
Niacin can also be created from tryptophan, an amino acid which occurs in the body, but the body's own production level does not cover its total requirements for niacin. We are thus dependent on daily niacin intake by means of food.
Advantages of Niacin 100mg Flush capsules:
- supplies 100mg niacin per capsule
- causes a flush effect shortly after intake li>
- free from allergens, such as gluten, laktose or soy
- guaranteed free of any additives
- suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- has a very good price/performance ratio
NOTE: Niacin creates a FLUSH effect!
The intake of niacin can trigger a so-called flush within just a few minutes after intake. Here you can find all the information you need to know about the intake and dosage of niacin and the flush.
- Depending on the amount taken, the flush will begin approximately 5-10 minutes after ingestion. The flush begins with an intense tingling of the skin, usually starting in the neck area. At the same time, increased circulation makes the skin turn very red and creates a sensation of heat, similar to that of sunburn.
- This flush is a completely normal, harmless reaction to the intake of niacin. The symptoms are not dangerous or unhealthy and will disappear on their own. The strong sensation of heat lasts about 15 to 30 minutes - however, it may take several hours until the redness of the skin has entirely disappeared. The duration of the flush varies individually per person. We recommend taking niacin at a time when one can stay at home for a few hours, to allow the flush effect to disappear completely.
- This phenomenon is quite impressive for anyone who has never experienced a niacin flush before. Therefore, all those who have never previously taken niacin before, should always start with a maximum dosage of 100mg, to experience for themselves how the flush feels and how strongly it affects them.
- If 100mg of niacin is easily tolerated, the dosage can be increased to 200mg. This dosage can be maintained until the flush effect decreases each time it is taken. After that, the dosage can be increased to 300mg, subsequently to 400mg and finally to 500mg a day. The capsule can also be opened in order to take small amounts of niacin.
- The intensity of the flush becomes stronger, when the dosage of niacin is increased. For some people, the flush effect already occurs at dosages as low as 30mg, while others need at least 100mg. The symptoms usually become less dramatic when niacin is taken more regularly, since the body becomes accustomed to it and the intensity of the flush decreases continuously.
- Some people experience the flush as pleasant and relaxing. Arthritis sufferers report that the sensation of heat has a beneficial effect on their joints and decreases arthritis pain.
- Others find the redness and heat to be unpleasant. Higher doses of 1000mg and more may cause some individuals to experience dizziness, headaches, nausea, heartburn, indigestion, stomach pains and palpitations.
- High doses of niacin or more may also increase blood sugar levels, which is important to know for diabetics, who should conduct measurements of blood sugar more frequent.
- Niacin capsules should preferably be taken after a main meal. This way, the flush is less intense and one can slowly become accustomed to it. The flush effect can be reduced or shortened by drinking water. Increasing fluid intake also aids the body's detoxification.
Those who are not happy with the flush effect, should take niacin in the form of Niacinamide, the flush-free form of niacin.
People who prefer a high dose 500mg Niacin Flush capsule, can order them here:
High dose Niacin Flush 500mg capsules
Does Niacin have any side effects or interactions?
We recommend taking niacin only after a meal: firstly, in order to reduce the flush effect, and secondly, to prevent over-stimulation of the gastric mucosa.
Gout sufferers should refrain from taking niacin because it may cause a gout flare by hindering the excretion of uric acid.
Diabetics or those taking tetracycline (an antibiotic), aspirin, blood pressure medication, anticoagulants or cholesterol-lowering drugs should consult a doctor before taking niacin.
An intake of 2000mg or more niacin may result in low blood pressure or attacks of dizziness.
Infirm individuals, children, adolescents, pregnant women and nursing mothers should not take Niacin Flush.
Health benefits of niacin with flush effect:
- helps to reduce high blood cholesterol li>
- improves circulation throughout the body li>
- promote the health of the cardiovascular system li>
- important for the protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism li>
- reduces C-reactive protein, which is a parameter of inflammation li>
- supports Coenzymes which convert the food into glucose li>
- important for the regeneration of nerves, muscles and the DNA li>
- supports the digestive system li>
- supports healthy, beautiful skin and hair li>
- is important for the synthesis of the sex hormones li>
- promotes the production of chemicals in the brain li>
- helps to reduce inflammation in the body
- reduces the development of atherosclerosis li>
- treats Pellagra li>
Niacin can reduce the level of LDL cholesterol
It has been demonstrated that high doses of niacin may reduce the level of "bad" LDL cholesterol. Niacin does this by reducing the production of its precursor VLDL (very low-density lipoprotein) in the liver. If VLDL is reduced, there is less available to be converted into LDL cholesterol. A high level of LDL in the blood is one of the factors creating the risk of developing atherosclerosis and subsequently, a heart attack or stroke.
At the same time, niacin also lowers the level of triglycerides and increases the level of "good" HDL in the blood. Higher dosages of niacin are often taken in combination with statins (cholesterol-lowering drugs).
It has been shown that flush-free niacinamide is not as effective at lowering cholesterol as is niacin which causes a flush.
Niacin for beautiful skin
Niacin is essential for the regeneration of the skin. The flush effect of nicotinamide in particular improves circulation, which carries more nutrients to the skin and makes it moister.
Niacin also makes the skin look plumper, which smoothes away fine wrinkles. Niacin is also often used to combat acne and supports wound healing.
Causes and symptoms of niacin deficiency
A healthy diet usually contains enough niacin, which is supplied particularly by brewer's yeast, peanuts, sunflower seeds, liver, spirulina, salmon, tuna, chicken, offal, legumes, avocados, whole grains and lamb.
However, an inadequate supply from the diet can lead to symptoms of deficiency. In particular, groups of people who eat mainly maize often exhibit symptoms of niacin deficiency because the form of niacin contained in maize cannot be absorbed by the body. Cases such as these are called pellagra.
Niacin can also be created from tryptophan, an amino acid which occurs in the body. A niacin deficiency can also be caused by eating too little protein.
Vitamin B6 deficiency can also lead to niacin deficiency because vitamin B6 is required to convert tryptophan into niacin.
High alcohol consumption may also create a niacin deficiency.
First symptoms of a niacin deficiency are:
- Loss in appetite
- Weight Loss
- Insomnia, Fatigue
- Lack of concentration
- Diarrhea and vomiting
Subsequently, niacin deficiency promotes the development of Alzheimer's disease, arthritis, cardiovascular disease, schizophrenia and diabetes mellitus type 1 (an autoimmune disease in which the beta cells which produce insulin in the pancreas are destroyed).
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated