Maca Root Powder - Organic and all natural
The maca plant has a tuberous root and grows in the highlands of Peru. In Peru, maca is cooked as a normal vegetable, or ingested as a powder for certain health disorders and to generally strengthen the body.
Maca is taken in particular to increase the libido, to alleviate menopause symptoms, to improve mental and physical performance and endurance, and to strengthen the immune system.
Maca is popular with athletes during intensive training phases, to improve performance and aid regeneration. Maca is a popular and healthy alternative to coffee, because it boosts energy without caffeine.
Advantages of Vitality Nutritionals Organic Maca Powder:
- all natural pure maca powder from certified organic farming
- raw food quality, with the active ingredients or the whole maca root
- gently processed natural product, free from additives
- guaranteed free from colorings, flavorings and preservatives
- ideal for smoothies, baked goods, raw food bars and for mixing with water or fruit juice
- high quality source for vital nutrients, suitable for all age groups
When is maca powder recommended?
Maca contains a variety of minerals, trace elements and vitamins, and is rich in carbohydrates and amino acids. Maca is a valuable dietary supplement in times when more vital substances are required, and at an advanced age, when the body's ability to absorb nutrients is gradually diminishing.
Maca has an adaptogenic effect. This means, that taking maca enables the body to adapt to certain situations so well that they no longer create a stress for the body and it is able to function normally again.
Maca health benefits:
- Maca will make you feel stronger, more energetic and healthier.
- Maca increases the libido and improves sexual performance.
- Maca improves the effectiveness of the immune system.
- Maca stimulates mental activity, the memory and the ability to learn.
- Maca boosts the energy, performance and endurance of athletes and all those participating in a fitness programme. Maca also promotes regeneration after sport.
- Maca helps combat the symptoms of the menopause or andropause without interfering the hormonal balance.
- Maca can also help the body to recover from anaemia by helping it to better absorb iron.
- Maca provides easily-assimilable calcium to strengthen bones and teeth and combats osteoporosis.
- Maca contains many fatty acids with an antiseptic and fungicidal effect, making the body more resistant to infections and diseases.
- Maca contains many forms of fibre, which have been shown to benefit the digestive system.
- Maca protects against oxidative damage and premature aging.
- Maca helps wounds to heal and has beneficial effects on the skin.
Where is Vitality Nutritionals Organic Maca Powder from?
The maca plants are cultivated in Peru at an altitude of about 4000 meters under controlled organic farming conditions.
Does maca powder have any side effect or interactions?
The maca root is an all natural food. Its consumption in form of maca powder does not have any side effects, even if taken in higher doses.