Collagen for active joints and younger looking skin
Biocell Collagen is a multi-patented healthy aging ingredient that promotes both active joints and younger looking skin. It naturally contains hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate, all of which are highly bioavailable due to their very low molecular weight.
Unlike other ingredients, it provides multi-dimensional molecular and biochemical support that helps the body more effectively replenish the connective tissue in targeted areas such as the joint and the skin.
More than 20 clinical studies support the safety, bioavailability and effectiveness of Biocell Collagen and its constituents.
Optimized with Vitamin C and Manganese:
Vitamin C and Mangan are also essential for the synthesis of Collagen and Elastine in the human body. Combining them with Biocell Collagen makes this product even more effective.
Biocell Collagen supports the joints
- Provides a multi-layered supports of healthy joint function by strengthening cartilage and replenishing synovial fluid
- Improves joint comfort and mobility leading to healthier daily activities
- Helps promote joint cushioning and lubrication due to HA and chondroitin sulfate content
- May help rebuild cartilage by stimulating the chondrocytes
Biocell Collagen supports the skin
- Reduces wrinkles and lines via counteracting both natural and photoaging processes
- Reduces dryness/scaling via HA-mediated increase in skin hydration leading to enhanced turgidity and suppleness
- Increases collagen content in the dermis supporting the tensile strength of the skin
- Increase blood microcirculation in the face improving the skin texture
- Promote healthy skin aging and support the maintenance of glowing skin texture
- May help improve the appearance of not only skin but also hair and nails
- Improves skin moisture by 72%
How can Biocell Collagen provide dual benefits for joints and skin?
Biocell Collagen contains three major highly-bioavailable, biologically-active constituents:
- hydrolyzed collagen (primarily type II)
- low molecular weight Hyaluronic acid (HA)
- chondroitin sulfate
Studies suggest that the patented process to reduce the molecular weight of collagen and the two glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) brought about various novel biological properties distinct from their undenatured, high molecular weight versions.
More importantly, this hydrolysis step generates highly bioavailable building blocks essential not only for the joint cartilage matrix, but for dermal (skin) matrix because both apparently disparate tissues share macromolecular components which are synthesized by the chondrocytes in the cartilage and the dermal fibroblasts in the dermis incorporating these building blocks.
Biocell Collagen provides a unique comprehensive support for joint health.
1. Replenishing essential components of cartilage matrix and lubricating synovial fluid
The synovial joint is the most common and the most active joint of the body. The composition of Biocell Collagen mirrors that of the articular cartilage of human synovial joints where collagen, HA and chondroitin sulfate are the three major components. HA plays a second role as a major lubricating agent in the synovial fluid.
Unfortunately, the amount of these components and the integrity of the cartilage matrix decrease due to aging or joint degeneration. Highly bioavailable form of hydrolyzed collagen and GAGs such as HA and chondroitin sulfate helps improve joint health by replenishing the essential molecules in molecularly optimized forms.
Double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials of Biocell Collagen demonstrated safety and efficacy in managing various joint discomforts.
2. Deposition of hydrolyzed collagen into the cartilage and cartilage regeneration
There is another molecular mechanism for joint health benefits of Biocell Collagen.
There are various independent studies suggesting that orally administered hydrolyzed collagen is absorbed intestinally and accumulated in cartilage. Moreover, hydrolyzed collagen, but not undenatured collagen, has been shown to stimulate novel biosynthesis of type II collagen from the chondrocytes.
These data suggests a very intriguing hypothesis that hydrolyzed collagen in Biocell Collagen may directly stimulate the resident cells in the cartilage to produce its matrix components. This biochemical stimulation of the chondrocytes would help rebuild the cartilage, thereby normalizing structure and function of the joint.
How can Biocell Collagen defy both natural and photo-aging process in the skin?
1. Rebuilding dermal network with highly bioavailable building blocks
As discussed above, collagen, HA, and chondroitin sulfate are also essential for the healthy structure and function of the skin dermis. As one ages, the amounts of these components decrease which leads to the disorganization or collapse of the dermal matrix.
Supplementing with highly bioavailable building blocks for these molecules may effectively improve skin beauty from within. Hydrolyzed collagen has been shown to support tensile collagen fibrillar network into which ground substances such as hyaluronic acid are interweaved.
Additionally, increasing the density of dermal fibroblasts which are responsible for biosynthesis of structural components for the dermal network can also contributes to youthful appearance of skin.
2. Enhanced skin hydration and turgidity and inhibition of hyaluronidase
Maintaining a proper amount of HA is critical for healthy skin structure and turgidity because HA is responsible for retaining water in the skin dermis. However, its integrity and amount decreases in aging skin, resulting in dermal dehydration, skin-sagging, and wrinkle formation.
Biocell Collagen supplies highly bioavailable HA to attenuate the effect of its loss caused by natural or photo-aging. Human subjects who took the daily dose of Biocell Collagen saw HA levels increase 60-fold in their blood during 28 days of the study period.
Biocell Collagen provides an additional support of HA. HA levels are maintained by the coordinated action of HA syntheses and hyaluronidases. Hyaluronidase degrades HA in response to a number of normal or pathological stimuli including aging and inflammation.
Biocell Collagen has been shown to inhibit hyaluronidase. Thus, Biocell Collagen can tackle an important molecular player responsible for aging-associated dehydration while replenishing the loss of the various essential structural components from skin dermis.
3. Protecting UV-mediated skin damages
A recent independent study showed that ingestion of hydrolyzed collagen could protect UV-mediated skin damages such as, dehydration, and type I collagen loss. This suggests that collagen peptides contained in Biocell Collagen would provide similar benefits which are further supported by maintaining healthy levels of HA.
How soon can I expect to see results?
How soon an individual may get intended joint or skin health benefits should vary. However, clinical studies of Biocell Collagen and anecdotal evidence support that consumers can start to observe the results in several weeks although they sometimes see difference earlier.
Is Biocell Collagen similar to Glucosamine or Chondroitin sulfate in the market?
No. Biocell Collagen has not been characterized for glucosamine. Although it contains chondroitin sulfate, the molecular nature and bioavailability is quite different from those of chondroitin sulfate derived from other sources.
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated