Iodine capsules - 100% natural iodine from organic marine algae
Marine Iodine capsules provide a completely natural form of iodine, harvested from Ascophyllum nodosum, also known as brown algae. These sea algae are harvested in the crystal-clear waters of Iceland, in an ecologically sustainable process.
The algae are left to mature for 4 years before being harvested, and in contrast to kelp algae, which are often used in iodine tablets, consistently provide a stable concentration of iodine. The algae are carefully preserved using a patented method, in order to ensure that the iodine and all other essential minerals they contain, maintain their pristine natural form.
The Ascophyllum nodosum algae have a high concentration of naturally occurring iodine. Additionally, they contain other naturally occurring essential minerals frequently found in algae, which are responsible for the regulated supply and metabolism of iodine in the body. A sufficient supply of iodine is essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid.
The thyroid hormones are vital for providing our body with energy, ensuring the proper functioning of the nervous system, promoting productive and clear thought, maintaining good memory, as well as healthy skin and hair. The vitality boost provided by natural iodine makes a clearly perceptible difference in people suffering from fatigue, weakness, forgetfulness and dry skin.
Why Marine Iodine are the best natural iodine capsules you can buy:
- delivers 142 mcg of pure natural iodine per capsule
- contains marine algae in certified organic quality
- all natural, preserved through gentle, natural processing
- contains all the natural substances of marine algae
- free of pesticides, heavy metals and environmental pollutants
- filled in pure plant-based capsules
- guaranteed free of additives
- free of colorants and preservatives
- free of genetically modified substances
- pure vegetable product suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- very good value for money
What is iodine?
Iodine is an essential trace element that can only be gained in the form of nutrition. Iodine is predominantly found in fish, algae and seafood, yet iodized table salt is the main source of iodine. The amount of iodine which is found in vegetables and other foods, depends solely on the iodine content of the soil in which they were grown. Unfortunately, in Europe alone, there are many iodine-deficient areas.
Iodine is decisive for the normal production of the thyroid hormones Triiodothyronine (T3) and Tetraiodothyronine (T4), which are critical for multiple bodily functions. These are partially inter-dependent on other hormonal functions, and therefore have far-reaching effects on the entire body.
What role does iodine play in the body?
- It contributes to a normal thyroid function
- It supports natural brain functions (thinking, problem solving and memory)<
- It is important for proper metabolism
- It contributes towards the proper functioning of the nervous system
- It is critical for the physical and mental development of children
- It has an impact on the metabolism of proteins, fats and carbohydrates
- It is important for ensuring a healthy heart rhythm and regulating blood pressure
- It supports bone growth and muscle development
- It plays a large role in ensuring proper hormonal balance
Probable effects of an iodine deficiency:
In iodine-deficient people, the thyroid is no longer able to produce the thyroid hormone in sufficient quantities, leading to an underactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). This can have far-reaching effects on many bodily functions affected by the thyroid hormone, including:
- Enlargement of the thyroid (goiter)
- Reduced concentration and learning deficits
- Reduced performance and stamina
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Constipation and weight gain
- Dry skin, brittle hair and nails
- Reduced fertility and disrupted menstrual cycles
- Speech disorders
- Loss of hearing
A further cause for an underactive thyroid may lie in conditions of autoimmune thyroiditis, an example of which is Hashimoto's disease. In such a case, the autoimmune disease destroys thyroid tissue, leading to an insufficient production of the thyroid hormones T3 and T4.
How are the sea algae in the Marine Iodine Capsules cultivated, harvested and processed?
The Marine Iodine sea algae are processed using consistent quality standards. Throughout the harvesting, transport, drying and treatment processes, consistent care is taken to ensure that the high levels of naturally occurring essential minerals in the sea algae are retained.
The algae are manually harvested in their natural water habitat as soon as they have reached the required maturity, at exactly the right time, ensuring overall sustainability. Within a few hours of harvesting, the algae are preserved and dried below 45 degrees Celsius. This process ensures that the most extensive range of essential minerals, including naturally occurring iodine, are optimally retained.
Are Marine Iodine capsules free of environmentally harmful substances?
Each batch of Marine Iodine sea algae is tested according to a variety of stringent parameters in an independent laboratory, guaranteeing that each batch is free of any environmentally harmful substances, pesticides, heavy metals, dioxins, aflatoxins and aromatic hydrocarbons.
What makes Marine Iodine different from other sources, such as kelp, spirulina or chlorella?
Kelp is deep-sea seaweed belonging to the Laminaria family. These have a highly fluctuating iodine content over their annual life cycles and are therefore not well-suited as a supplement for providing a reliable, set amount of iodine.
Compare that to Ascophyllum nodosum, which is only harvested after a 4-year waiting period, at the exact time in its life-cycle when iodine content is consistently stable.
Spirulina and chlorella are sweet-water algaes, and only contain trace elements of iodine.
Benefits of iodine capsules compared to iodine tablets
When looking for an iodine supplement, you will quickly discover that these are available in both tablet and capsule form. In contrast to iodine tablets, our capsules are loosely filled with powder, and do not need to be compacted with tablet emulsifiers. Marine Iodine Capsules dissolve in the stomach completely after only a few minutes, guaranteeing an optimal intake of the iodine contained.
Marine Iodine sea algae capsules are filled using 100% vegetable fiber-based capsules. In contrast to iodine tablets, they contain no colorants, emulsifiers, preservatives or allergens such as gluten, wheat or dairy products. Marine Iodine Capsules are therefore suitable for allergy-sufferers and vegans.
Iodine interactions and side effects
Marine Iodine is perfectly suited for healthy people and has no side effects.
People suffering from a hyperactive thyroid, and those who already take medication to treat this condition, should not take any additional iodine supplements. Those suffering from Hashimoto's disease, and those sensitive to iodine or algae, should likewise not take the Marine Iodine supplement.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated