Arginine for your Heart, Sports and better Sex
Arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid which means that the body can synthesize sufficient amounts of Arginine under normal conditions.
But in certain situations, e.g. severe burns, infections, injuries and during a diet, the body´s demand for Arginine increases but the body may not make enough to satisfy its demands.
Under these conditions, Arginine becomes essential and it is necessary to ensure proper intake to meet the increased demand. Arginine is also essential for children with rare genetic disorders that impair the formation of Arginine.
Food sources of Arginine include plant and animal proteins, such as dairy products, meat, poultry, fish, and nuts. The ratio of Arginine to L-Lysine is also important - soy and other plant proteins have more Arginine than animal sources of protein.
How does L-Arginin work?
Arginine is used to make nitric oxide (NO), a compound in the body that relaxes blood vessels. Preliminary studies have found that Arginine may help with conditions that improve when blood vessels are relaxed (called vasodilation), such as atherosclerosis, erectile dysfunction, and intermittent claudication. In larger amounts, Arginine stimulates the release of growth hormone.
Benefits of Vitality L-Arginin:
- improves blood flow and circulation
- improves sexual performance
- supports normal blood pressure
- stimulates the release of growth hormone
- improves immune function
- increases muscle mass, while reducing body fat
- reduces healing time after injuries
- helps prevent and treat cardiovascular disease
- supports male fertility, improving sperm production and motility
- optimizes insulin sensitivity
- improves transport of nutrients and oxygen
- supports detoxification of the liver
Why do People use Arginine?
Arginine protects the Heart
In the body, Arginine is used to make nitric oxide, which reduces blood vessel stiffness, increases blood flow, and improves blood vessel function. However, Arginine should not be used following a heart attack. If you have a history of heart disease, consult your doctor before taking Arginine.
Arginine improves sexual pleasure
Arginine is required for proper sexual health, because insufficient blood flow is a major cause of incomplete erection in men. Low levels of Arginine can lead to poor sexual functioning and decreased libido (sex drive).
The body needs Arginine to produce nitric oxide, which relaxes muscles surrounding blood vessels supplying the penis.
As a result, blood vessels dilate, increasing blood flow, which is helping the penis to enlarge to its full capacity, thus increasing the size, hardness, and frequency of erections. It also helps to maintain an erection longer and to improves sensitivity of the genital tissue.
In one study, 50 men with erectile dysfunction took either 5 grams of Arginine per day or a placebo. After six weeks, more men in the Arginine group had an improvement compared to those taking the placebo. Reports also suggest that Arginine supplements can improve fertility in men who have low sperm counts or poor sperm motility (activity).
Arginine also improves sex life of women
Higher blood flow makes clitoral and vaginal tissues more sensitive and responsive to sexual stimulation and helps increase the possibility of reaching orgasm.
Although there haven't been nearly as many studies done on arginine supplementation in women as in men, one study found that postmenopausal women who took a supplement including Arginine experienced heightened sexual response.
Another study involving 77 women of all ages found that after four weeks, 73.5% of the women who took a supplement including Arginine experienced greater sexual satisfaction, including heightened desire and clitoral sensation, frequency of intercourse and orgasm, and less vaginal dryness.
Arginine for faster muscle building
NO's ability to dilate blood vessels is the main reason bodybuilders take arginine. Dilated blood vessels are wider, allowing more blood flow through to the muscles, along with greater amounts of oxygen, muscle building nutrients and water.
This results is a greater muscle pump, greater strength, increased muscle growth and even fat loss. Arginine also increases the energy levels and allows to train harder and longer. It will also benefits muscle recovery and growth after workout.
Arginin keeps you young
Arginine has also been shown to increase growth hormone levels. Increased growth hormone levels are directly responsible for increased lipid oxidation and protein synthesis as well. This means even more muscles and more fats burned.
Does Arginine have side effects?
In studies with heart patients and people with erectile dysfunction a very high dose of 30 grams of arginine was used. Even at these high dosages very few side effects were observed such as loose stools or increased stomach acid production.
Arginine should not be taken by people who are prone to herpes (cold sores), as it favors a possible outbreak. Pregnant women and nursing mothers should not take arginine, Children only under a doctor's supervision. Arginine should not be used immediately after a heart attack.
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated