Arginine for your Heart, Sports, and better Sex
Arginine is a conditionally essential amino acid which means that the body can synthesize sufficient amounts of Arginine under normal conditions. As a natural protein building block, it has numerous biological functions, e.g. blood circulation, immune defense, and hormone release.
In certain situations, such as high stress, high physical exertion, during a diet and illness or in children in the growth phase, arginine deficiency can occur because the body cannot produce enough arginine.
In this case, arginine is considered semi-essential and it makes sense to take arginine capsules in the form of a dietary supplement.
How does L-Arginine work?
Arginine is the precursor of nitric oxide (NO), which has a signaling effect between the cells. The discovery of NO was so revolutionary that in 1998 the Nobel Prize in Physiology went to Dr. Ferid Murad, Dr. Robert F. Furchgott and Dr. Louis Ignarro.
Nitric oxide is a molecule produced by the body, which relaxes the walls of the vessels. As a result, the vessels remain more flexible and the blood vessels widen and the blood flow is improved.
By taking arginine, the NO storage in the body can be replenished naturally and safely and the symptoms of the circulatory disorder can be reduced. Especially older people and smokers can benefit from arginine, as they often suffer from constricted blood vessels.
Arginine is also an important building block for collagen, enzymes, skin and connective tissue. It also plays a role in the creation of creatine and is involved in the detoxification of ammonia and lactic acid, which are created during physical training.
Benefits of L-Arginine:
- improves blood flow and increases circulation
- supports normal, healthy blood pressure
- plays an important role in immune defense
- has a positive effect on collagen synthesis
- reduces healing time after injuries
- supports male fertility, improving sperm production and motility
- improves the transport of nutrients and oxygen
- supports detoxification of the liver
Arginine and its effects on blood circulation
1. Arginine has an important role in the blood vessels
The effect of arginine on the blood vessels is widely verified in terms of nutrition, which is why experts recommend it to support the cardiovascular system.
Taking arginine increases the production of nitric oxide, which causes the blood vessels to widen. This leads to increased blood flow and better blood circulation throughout the body.
This effect of L-arginine is the reason why L-arginine capsules are becoming more and more popular with couples in order to give their love life more intensity and stability. Optimal blood flow to the genital organs is the basic requirement for both men and women in order to enjoy togetherness more intensively.
2. Arginine and muscle building
By dilating the blood vessels, arginine ensures a strong muscle pump during training. The muscle pump is not only noticeable during training, but it is also maintained to a certain extent throughout the day.
In this way, the muscle cells are increasingly supplied with nutrients and stimulated to grow. In turn, more muscle mass leads to increased basal metabolism, which indirectly stimulates fat burning. The recovery time is also shortened, which means that the next training session can be more effective.
3. Arginine and immune defense
Arginine stimulates the thymus gland, increasing the number and activity of white blood cells. The nitric oxide (NO) formed by arginine also has an immune-boosting effect by stimulating the formation of certain immune cells.
NO has the ability to penetrate the cell membrane quickly, rendering pathogens harmless. Arginine is also an important energy substrate for certain cells in the intestine.
Since the gut is the body's largest immune system, it is absolutely essential to keep the intestinal mucosa intact to prevent unwanted bacteria from entering the bloodstream and causing infections.
How quickly do you notice results?
Arginine capsules are a natural nutritional supplement. Therefore, you do not notice the effect immediately, but only after a few days.
For most people, it takes about 5 to 7 days for the NO storage to be replenished and the benefits of arginine to be noticed.
Studies have shown that you should take at least 5g to 6g arginine per day to get the best results. Lower doses do not have the desired effect.
Do L-arginine capsules have side effects?
Studies have used up to 30 grams of arginine. Even at these high doses, minor side effects have been observed, e.g. loose stools or increased stomach acid production.
Arginine should not be taken by people who are prone to herpes (fever blisters), as it can promote an outbreak. Arginine should not be taken by pregnant or breastfeeding women, children should only be prescribed by a doctor. Arginine should not be used immediately after a heart attack.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated