Vitamin B12 Sublingual tablets with superior bioavailability
Vitamin B12 Synergy lozenges combine 3 natural forms of vitamin B12 into one highly effective formula. These are bioactive methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, as well as hydroxocobalamin, a vitamin B12 form with depot-storage characteristics, for a long-lasting effect.
All of these 3 forms of vitamin B12 naturally occur in our diet, performing various functions in the body.
Sublingual absorption via the oral mucosa and the broad-spectrum efficiacy of these three forms of vitamin B12, ensure optimal vitamin B12 supply. Vitamin B12 Synergy is ideal for those who suffer from digestive disorders in the gastrointestinal tract, yet strive to achieve the most effective vitamin B12 supply possible.
Advantages of Vitamin B12 Synergy:
- contains the 3 natural forms of vitamin B12
- provides a total of 1200 mcg of vitamin B12 per tablet
- sublingual absorption is ideal for those with gastrointestinal problems
- gentle on the teeth, as it is sweetened with xylitol
- free of any flavors
- suitable for vegans and vegetarians
What forms of Vitamin B12 does Vitamin B12 Synergy contain?
Vitamin B12 Synergy contains the two bioactive forms of vitamin B12: methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin, which are active in the body, without having to be converted.
In addition, it delivers hydroxocobalamin, which binds itself to transport molecules in the body, and thereby becomes a depot-storage form of B12. If required, it can be converted into the two active forms of B12, methylcobalamin or adenosylcobalamin.
1. Methylcobalamin - this natural active co-enzyme form of vitamin B12 is active, especially in the cytoplasm, in the brain and in the nervous system. There it is responsible for the protection and regeneration of the nerves, the formation of neurotransmitters and the production of the genetic materials DNA and RNA. In case of a methylcobalamin deficiency, among other things, insufficient red blood cells are formed, which causes anemia (anemia).
Methylcobalamin is also responsible for the reactivation of folic acid, which is why a B12 deficiency can lead to folic acid deficiency. Methylcobalamin is also needed to convert homocysteine to methionine, which does pose an increased risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Methionine is a precursor of S-adenosylmethionine (also called SAM or SAMe), which releases its methyl group to a variety of enzymes. These, in turn, are involved in detoxification, regulation of the enzymes and the biosynthesis of various neurotransmitters. A lack of SAMe can lead to depression, mood swings and various other psychological symptoms.
Methylcobalamin, with its extensive effect on folic acid and SAMe, can prevent cardiovascular disease, supports the formation of neurotransmitters, and protect the nerves, ensuring proper cell division.
2. Adenosylcobalamin - this second natural bioactive form of B12 can also be directly utilized by the body. This form of vitamin B12 is the most abundant one in our nutritional intake, and it is also the one most present in all tissues and organs (especially in the liver).
Adenosylcobalamin acts directly in the mitochondria, where its effect in the citrate cycle is crucial, for manufacturing cellular energy.
It activates the enzyme methylmalonyl-CoA mutase, which is important for the production of fatty acids and the formation of the DNA building blocks. A lack of adenosylcobalamin can lead to neurological and cognitive disorders, underweight, chronic fatigue and muscle weakness.
3. Hydroxocobalamin - is the most common form of vitamin B12 in our diet and blood. Hydroxocobalamin is bound to the body's own transport molecules, having an excellent depot-storage function. This natural precursor is converted either into the bioactive methylcobalamin or adenosylcobalamin, as necessary, ensuring a consistent, long-lasting supply of vitamin B12.
Vitamin B12 Synergy does not contain cyanocobalamin. It is an inactive form of B12, which has to be converted in the body in several stages, into another form of vitamin B12. Since it has poorer bio-availability and cannot be activated in certain people with metabolic disorders, cyanocobalamin is not recommended by experts.
What are the health benefits of vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is crucial for energy and nerves. It is involved in the formation of red blood cells and protein metabolism, it promotes concentration and memory, ensures healthy mucous membranes and protects the heart.
Vitamin B12 is one of the water-soluble vitamins, so it is very safe. It is only present in food of animal origin. Vegans and vegetarians are therefore particularly at risk for suffering from a deficiency. This also applies to the elderly, as their ability to utilize and absorb vitamin B12 from their diet decreases significantly with age.
Vitamin B12 deficiency is widespread
If you know, or suspect, that you may suffer from a vitamin B12 deficiency, you are not alone. Recent studies have shown that one in four adults suffer from a deficiency of this vital vitamin. Nearly half of the population has suboptimal blood levels.
Inadequate intake of vitamin B12 through the diet leads to vitamin B12 deficiency, which can have serious health consequences. Nutritional supplements are effective, and in many cases necessary, to correct a vitamin B12 deficiency.
Warning signs which may indicate deficiency:
- Fear, depression, aggressiveness
- Memory loss or dementia
- Mental confusion
- Tingling in the hands and feet
- A reduced sense of smell and touch
- Susceptibility to infection, facial pallor
- Weakness, fatigue, dizziness
- Shortness of breath due to lack of red blood cells
Vitamin B12 should always be supplemented with biotin and folic acid
Those who take vitamin B12 as a dietary supplement should also take a daily dose of 2,5 to 5 mg biotin and 400 to 800 mcg folic acid. Because the supply of vitamin B12 increases the body's need for biotin, so too little could lead to skin problems such as pimples, eczema, brittle nails and hair loss.
- Egg Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Lactose Free
- No Magnesium Stearate
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Free of Colors
- No Flavors
- Preservative Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- Shellfish Free
- No Silicon Dioxide
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated