Glycine Powder of highest quality for your health
The amino acid glycine is present in all of the body’s cells and tissues and has a very broad spectrum of important functions in the body.
Among others, glycine is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that weakens signals in the central nervous system. This helps arrest the development of anxiety, irritability and aggression.
Studies have also shown that glycine can promote restful sleep, which means individuals wake up more rested and can achieve better performance during the day.
Glycine occurs mainly in high concentration in collagen and gives the latter its elasticity and strength. Consequently, glycine is an indispensable amino acid for the health of the skin, joints, ligaments and cartilage.
Glycine helps in the formation of the mucous membrane in the gastrointestinal tract, balances blood glucose levels and increases energy levels.
Glycine is also an important building block of proteins and is involved in the synthesis of glutathione, creatine, heme, RNA and DNA. It also plays a role in the metabolism of folic acid and in the formation of bile acids.
8 reasons, why you should buy UltraPure Glycine Powder:
- UltraPure Glycine Powder contains 100% glycine of high purity and quality.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder is available in the convenient powder form. It dissolves easily and has a light sweet taste. It can be taken with water, fruit juice or you can take the powder into your mouth until it dissolves.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder contains a measuring scoop, which holds 1 gram of glycine.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder is absolutely free from additives, fillers, sugar, flavour, colours and preservatives.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder ist free from allergens, such as soy, lactose, gluten and yeast.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder is free from genetically modified substances.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder is suitable for Diabetics, Vegans and Vegetarians.
- UltraPure Glycine Powder has a very good price / performance ratio.
Glycine has many health benefits:
- reduces time needed to fall asleep and helps reduce repetitive thinking
- improves quality of sleep and helps one wake up more refreshed and with a clear head
- improves memory and learning ability
- helps to reduce stress, anxiety and irritability
- supports the structure of the inner lining of the gastrointestinal tract
- reduces the breakdown of collagen in the joints and skin
- contributes to the formation of glutathione
- reduces chronic inflammation
- protects the liver and kidney from damage caused by alcohol
- promotes the detoxification of the liver
- can help stabilize blood glucose levels in type 2 diabetes
- improves athletic performance
- helps build muscle mass by improving creatine biosynthesis
- supports collagen biosynthesis in the repair of connective tissue such as ligaments, tendons and cartilage
- reduces oxidative damage associated with excessive abdominal fat in individuals with metabolic syndrome
- can curb brain damage caused by an ischemic stroke
- is a useful addition to antipsychotics in the treatment of schizophrenia, in order to improve their efficacy
Glycine promotes healthy sleep and reduces daytime fatigue
Relaxing sleep is essential for the maintenance of health and well-being. During sleep, the body recovers and repairs itself, as well as strengthens the immune system and the endocrine functions. Poor sleep has a negative effect on mental and physical performance and leads to periods of fatigue during the day.
Glycine inhibits the transmission of nerve stimuli, which enables one to relax better mentally and physically. For example, glycine shortens the sleep onset latency, since it signals the body to prepare for sleep.
Glycine weakens signals in the central nervous system and thus soothes hyperactive nerves. At the same time it reduces thoughts “going around in circles”, which is a frequent reason for restlessness and insomnia.
Studies show that glycine also increases sleep quality. 3g of glycine, taken before bed time, resulted in study participants waking up in the morning feeling more rested and with a clearer head. This resulted in increased performance, better memory and less fatigue during the day.
Glycine soothes nerves and improves brain performance
Together with GABA, glycine is the most important inhibitory neurotransmitter which reduce the effects of stimulating neutron transmitters such as glutamate. It regulates nerve impulses throughout the entire body by balancing electrolytes, e.g. calcium, chloride and potassium. This in turn reduces overactive nerve impulses in the brain and the central nervous system, which can reduce anxiety, stress, irritability and aggression.
Studies show that glycine can reduce excessive brain activity, whereby it can also play a role in the treatment of learning difficulties, manic depression, epilepsy, and schizophrenia.
Glycine also affects the metabolism of certain nutrients that supply the brain and nerves with energy. This improves brain performance, e.g. memory, attention and concentration.
Glycine promotes the formation of red blood cells
Glycine is a building block for the biosynthesis of heme, a component of the red blood cells, which is essential for the production and maintenance of red blood cells. Red blood cells transport oxygen throughout the body, support cell function and supply energy to the tissues, heart and the brain.
Glycine promotes the formation of glutathione
Glycine is crucial to the formation of glutathione, an endogenous antioxidant which inhibits cellular damage by inhibiting oxidative stress, which can lead to premature aging.
A 2011 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed, that reduced glutathione synthesis in older people, could be stimulated by the administration of cysteine and glycine. The glutathione deficiency was thereby balanced out, which reduced oxidative stress and cell damage.
Glycine promotes the formation of collagen and protects the joints
About a third of our collagen is composed of glycine. Together with other amino acids, glycine plays a decisive role in the formation of connective tissue, thus supporting the function of the joints, ligaments and tendons.
For elderly people who do not eat sufficient protein-containing foods, the intake of glycine as a dietary supplement can help maintain or improve the function and mobility of the joints.
Glycine strengthens the digestive tract
Amino acids such as glycine and proline help to form collagen in the tissue, lining the digestive tract. An intact mucosa helps keep bacteria and other particles limited to the intestine and prevents them from entering the bloodstream, where they can cause inflammation.
Consequently, glycine can be a positive factor for all individuals who have inflammatory intestinal disorders or suffer from digestive disorders.
Glycine is also needed to produce bile acids and other enzymes required to digest food. Due to improved digestive performance, more nutrients enter the body, which in turn contributes to an increase in energy.
Glycine reduces chronic inflammation
Inflammation is the first reaction of the body to infections and injuries. It usually disappears relatively quickly, but only when sufficient glycine is present.
One of the most important functions of glycine is to keep inflammation in the body in check by regulating scavenger cells (macrophages) in the body. Without sufficient amounts of glycine, the macrophages fail to receive a signal that no further inflammatory defense is necessary. Thus in the case of a glycine deficiency, the macrophages react excessively, which can result in chronic inflammation.
Glycine stimulates muscular performance
Glycine, together with other amino acids, can help prevent the breakdown of valuable muscle mass and increase muscle energy. It is also involved in the biosynthesis of creatine, which supplies the muscles with energy.
Glycine is also known as an anti-aging amino acid because it promotes energy during the day, increases performance and prevents the breakdown of cartilage in the joints. All this contributes to the ability of older persons to also practice sports and maintain an active lifestyle.
Glycine side effects or interactions
Glycine has no side effects in the recommended dose and is generally very well tolerated. However, glycine should not be taken with clozapine (known under the trade name Clozaril), an antipsychotic for the treatment of severe schizophrenia.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colors
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavors
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated