Carnosine - the multi-potent anti aging vital nutrient
The super-powerful anti-aging substance carnosine has the extraordinary ability of rejuvenating cells when these approach the end of their natural life cycle. In fact, there is currently no other active substance that protects our cells better from damages.
Carnosine is a protective shield against premature, age-related degradation and all related degenerative consequences. It is a unique active substance that keeps the body young and vital and should therefore be included into every anti-ageing program.
The signs of time
The healthy human body, apart from water, is made nearly exclusively from proteins. The main reason for ageing is damage to the protein compounds. This is either a result of oxidation (caused by free radicals) or glycation (a reaction between protein and sugar molecules).
If too many proteins are damaged and loose their function, signs of ageing will be visible and the body will be prone to degenerative diseases. Carnosine has proven to be able to counter such damages of the protein compounds.
Scientists refer to carnosine as a super-powerful anti-aging substance. This is because carnosine has a rejuvenating effect on various body cells.
What is Carnosine?
However, with age, the ability of the body to produce carnosine steadily decreases. For example, carnosine contents in the bone muscles fall by 63% by the age of 70 years. Interestingly, this corresponds to the decrease in muscle material.
The anti-aging effect of Carnosine
The protein structure in our body is constantly being damaged by sugar molecules (glycation). In young years, a sufficiently active carnosine production protects us from this degenerative process.
When the carnosine level decreases over the years, the body shows multiple signs of ageing: collagen looses its elasticity and wrinkles become visible, blood vessels harden, eye lenses become opaque, the movability of the joints decreases and brain and vein tissue is damaged.
In addition, glycolised protein produces 50 times more free radicals than non-glycolised protein, which further increases the ageing process. Presently, carnosine is the most effective substance to protect from glycation and the resulting degenerative modifications of the proteins.
Prolongs the life cycle of the cells
Cells possesses limited ability to reproduce (some 60 to 80 times). This limit is called the Hayflick limit. When the cells approach the end of their life cycle, they divide less often and frequently show disrupted development.
This cellular ageing had been deemed irreversible until now. In a remarkable series of experiments, scientists in Australia showed that carnosine rejuvenates the cells at the end of their life cycle. In these laboratory tests, human cells reached a lifetime of 413 days compared to 130 days when in a nutrition medium of carnosine.
Has strong anti-oxidizing effects
Carnosine is an effective protective shield against damaging free radicals such as hydroxyl radicals, superoxyde radicals and peroxide radicals. A study also proved that carnosine is the only antioxidant that protects the chromosomes (DNA and other proteins in the cell core) from oxidizing damage.
In fact, common antioxidants are not able to effectively protect the proteins in the body. Especially here, carnosine shows its excellent anti-aging effect, because it is the only antioxidant that can also repair damaged proteins.
Carnosine protects the brain
The degeneration and ageing of the brain is enhanced by protein carboxilisation (AGE-production in the brain) and lipid peroxidation (damage of the cell membrane lipids through free radicals).
The carboxyl level of the neurons of Alzheimer patients for example is much higher. Carnosine has proven its abilities to neutralize poisonous by-products.
Also, a study with mice has shown that the superoxide-dismutase (SOD, an enzyme in the body protecting us from reactive oxygen compounds) increased sixfold when supplemented with carnosine.
Stay young with Carnosine
Carnosine has the extraordinary ability of rejuvenating cells when these approach the end of their natural life cycle. In fact, there is currently no other active substance that protects our cells better from damages. Carnosine is a protective shield against premature, age-related degradation and all related degenerative consequences.
Advantages of Carnosine:
- slows down the ageing process of the cells in the body
- neutralizes free radicals
- reduces age-related skin degradation and wrinkles
- protects the chromosomes
- speeds up wound healing
- protects the eyes, joints and blood vessels
- increases endurance and muscle power
- protects the brain and neurons
Has Carnosine side effects?
Carnosine is a naturally occouring substance, which can also be found in red meat. Studies with humans and animals show, that carnosine is safe in the recommended dosage.
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated