L-Tryptophan promotes mood and a healthy sleep
L-Tryptophan is an essential amino acid. This means, that the body cannot produce this amino acid itself and it has to be provides through nutrition or supplementation.
L-tryptophan is naturally found in animal and plant proteins, such as pork, chicken, raw salmon, soy beans, cashew nuts, peas, unsweetened cocoa, eggs and oat flakes. But at the same time it is one of those amino acids which occurs in food in the lowest concentration compared to all other amino acids.
Therefore, some people don´t get enough of this important amino acid.
Benefits of Tryptophan Relax 500:
- Each capsule delivers 500 mg L-Tryptophan in pharmaceutical pure quality.
- Tryptophan Relax 500 is free of flowing agents, fillers, colors and preservatives. You can open the capsule and dilute the powder in water or fruit juice.
- Tryptophan Relax 500 is filled into plant based capsule shells. GMO free.
- Tryptophan Relax 500 is suitable for vegans, vegetarians and diabetics.
- Tryptophan Relax 500 has a great price/performance ratio.
What is L-Tryptophan?
L-Tryptophan enhances Serotonin
After absorbing, the body converts L-Tryptophan into 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) which is a precursor for Serotonin. This endogenous hormone can penetrate the blood-brain barrier and transmit signals between nerve cells and is critical for mental wellness, mood and social behavior.
L-Tryptophan is the best natural supplement to promote relaxation and maintain a well-balanced mood.
Depletion of endogenous tryptophan can cause a relapse in treated depression and precipitate depressive symptoms in patients with a history or family history of depression. It has also been associated with bulimia relapse, and deterioration of schizophrenia symptoms.
L-Tryptophan promotes healthy sleep rhythm
Serotonin also has a great impact on the natural day-night-rhythm of the body since the body is converting it into Melatonin, a different hormone which promotes a natural and restful sleep. Therefore, low Tryptophan levels can be the reason for insomnia and other sleeping disorders.
L-Tryptophan promotes athletic performance
L-Tryptophan can also improve athletic performance. In a study subjects ran on a treadmill until exhaustion. The total exercise time was 49.4% greater after receiving L-tryptophan than after receiving the placebo.
This could be explained with the increased tolerance for discomfort and pain, which is associated with performing of strenuous physical exercise.
L-Tryptophan and it´s other functions in the body
But L-Tryptophan is not only responsible for mental wellness and a good nights sleep. It is also an important building block for the development and function of many organs in the body, since it is indirectly involved in a lot of enzymatic reactions.
L-Tryptophan acts as a precursor for Niacin (vitamin B3) which has an important function in the carbohydrate-, protein- and fat metabolism and therefore in the energy production of the body.
L-Tryptophan is used
- to help with insomnia
- for sleep apnea
- to ease jet lag
- to ease depression and anxiety
- to ease ADHD (attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder)
- to ease PMDD (a severe form of premenstrual syndrome)
- to help people quit smoking
- to fight stress-related bulimia
- to inhibit appetite to promote weight loss
- to enhance physical performance
What is the difference between L-Tryptophan and 5-HTP?
If you take L-tryptophan as a supplement, it depends on the current need of your body, how much is used for the production of serotonin and melatonin. If you take 5-HTP directly, you bypass the conversion from L-tryptophan to 5-HTP and the entire amount of 5-HTP is converted to serotonin and melatonin thereafter. This means you don´t depend on the conversion from L-tryptophan to 5-HTP in your body.
Some people are more comfortable by taking L-tryptophan because serotonin and melatonin are created through the natural cycle. Others prefer to take 5-HTP, as it works faster and better for them.
- Egg Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Lactose Free
- No Magnesium Stearate
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Free of Colors
- No Flavors
- Preservative Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated