St. John's wort capsules: Plant-based high dosed support for your emotional balance
Are you constantly tired or restless and unable to concentrate? Or do you experience either seasonal or hormonal bouts of depression (e.g. during the menopause)? Many people suffering from these kinds of complaints have had positive experiences with St. John's wort capsules. So perhaps you too might consider trying a completely natural product like St. John's wort. Here, you can learn a lot more about this preparation and also purchase the right product once you’re ready to do so.
The range of active ingredients in St. John's wort capsules
St. John's wort is the herbal remedy most commonly used for mood swings. The following ingredients in St. John's wort preparations are said to be responsible for the mood-enhancing, calming and anxiety-relieving effects many people experience when using this remedy:
- hypericin (the colour pigment in St. John's wort flowers)
- hyperforin (especially in the ripe St. John's wort fruits)
- flavonoids (in certain plant materials) and
- essential oils
These ingredients are thought to help with mood swings, anxieties, and upsets.  They are also recommended when hormonal changes affect your mood, as can occur during menopause.  However, seasonal hormonal fluctuations can also cause depressive moods, often due to the lack of light during the cold, dark winter months. In such situations you can use St. John's wort, containing ingredients thought to combat these symptoms, as a natural herbal alternative to pharmaceutical preparations, which are often associated with unpleasant side effects. And using St. John's wort capsules is a very practical option because you simply take them with water.
St. John's wort capsules: Support your emotional balance with the power of plants
Our St. John's wort capsules are available in a high-dose format: Taking 500 mg of St. John's wort extract per capsule should ensure you receive a sufficiently high dosage to feel the positive effects of this medicinal plant. This equates to a total intake of 4000 mg of pure St. John's wort per day. This is a standard extract containing 0.3% hypericin obtained from St. John's wort (hypericum perforatum).
An overview of the advantages of our St. John's wort herbal capsules:
- a high-dosage, natural preparation
- a genuine 8: 1 extract obtained from St. John's wort
- contains all this medicinal plant’s vital substances
- offers standardised hypericin content
- high-quality raw materials from France
- carefully produced to the highest quality standards – made in Germany
- practical capsule-format application: simply take with water
- contains no unnecessary ingredients which could cause allergies or intolerance
We extract the vital ingredients of St. John's wort from the herb and its ripe flower heads with the help of alcohol and water. This creates a high-dose concentrate, which is then concentrated once more and gently spray-dried. Once this process is complete, we have a quality product you can rely on.
What about the side effects of St. John's wort capsules?
Basically, St. John's wort capsules are a well-tolerated natural product. Take the capsules during, or after, meals to further improve tolerability and always follow the recommended dosage instructions. Possible side effects of St. John's wort include light sensitivity and interactions with other preparations. Therefore it is recommended you should avoid intensive sunbathing while taking St. John’s wort. And if you are taking other drugs, such as the birth control pill, please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using St. John’s wort.
Less often (and especially with an overdose), dizziness, sweating, gastrointestinal complaints, or headaches may occur while taking St. John's wort. If this happens, you should stop taking this preparation immediately. To avoid such side effects, always adhere to the dosage recommendations.
Who would gain the most benefit from St. John's wort capsules?
You can benefit from St. John's wort capsules in the following situations:
- If you suffer from mild to moderate mood disorders.
- If you suffer from bouts of depression during the winter.
- If you are going through the menopause and notice changes in your mood.
- If you feel tired and exhausted, and perhaps have trouble sleeping, or find it harder to concentrate.
- If you lack focus and feel exhausted or restless inside.
- If you feel tense and anxious or irritable.
If one or more of these situations apply to you, it may be worth giving our natural St. John's wort capsules a try. A regular intake (preferably via several doses throughout the day) can help to support your emotional mood and balance during tense situations or at certain times of the year.
Studies and references
- Liu, Y. R., Jiang, Y. L., Huang, R. Q., Yang, J. Y., Xiao, B. K. & Dong, J. X. Hypericum perforatum L. preparations for menopause: a meta-analysis of efficacy and safety. Climacteric: The Journal of the International Menopause Society, 17(4):325-35
- NG, Q. X., Venkatanarayanan, N. & Ho, C. Y. Clinical use of Hypericum perforatum (St John's wort) in depression: A meta-analysis. Journal of Affective Disorders, 210:211-221
- Kasper S. Treatment of seasonal affective disorder (SAD) with hypericum extract. Pharmacopsychiatry 1997;30 (Suppl 2):89 – 93.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Silicon Dioxide
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated