Selenium supports a strong immune system
Selenium acts as an antioxidans because it combats free radicals in the body and can protect cells against oxidative stress. Therefore Selenium prevents the degeneration of cells and protects against cardiovascular and rheumatic diseases.
Selenium can also enhance the healing process, by contributing to the normal function of the immune system and the thyroid gland. Selenium also strengthens the body´s self-healing ability by stabilizing and energizing the immune system. This enables the body to produce more antibodies, killer cells and lymphocytes to fight invaders.
Positive effects of selenium:
- Supports the normal function of the immune system
- Promotes normal thyroid function
- Helps protect the cells from oxidative stress
- Reduces premature ageing
- Protecs from increased susceptibility to infections (colds)
- Contributes to a normal sperm formation
- Helps maintain normal hair and nails