Prebiotics support a healthy colon
A healthy colon contains more than 1.000 different types of bacteria. Prebiotics are specific dietary fibers serving as a source of energy for the healthy intestinal bacteria. A prebiotic fiber deficiency reduces the number of healthy intestinal bacteria quite rapidly and results in a dissonant intestinal flora. Therefore prebiotics are the basic requirement for a healthy colon.
A healthy individual features a total of several billion intestinal bacteria. Quite surprising, considering that this number is ten times higher than the total number of cells in the body. This enormous amount of micro-organisms requires a steady supply of nutrients for energy, growth and multiplication. The preferred energy source for healthy intestinal bacteria are dietary fibers.
What differentiates probiotics from prebiotics?
Probiotics are live bacterial strains which are ingested to settle in the colon. Therefore they are imperative after antibiotic therapy, but also in case of an existing dissonant intestinal flora.
Prebiotics provide nutrients to the microbiom in the colon. More specifically, prebiotics promote proliferation of intestinal bacteria and the additional micro-organism absorbed with probiotics. Combined, they provide a harmonious intestinal flora and healthy colon function.
Prebiotic dietary fibers are present in fruits and vegetables, such as apple peels, bananas, onions and garlic, sunchoke, chicory root and beans.
Apparently it should be simple to ingest enough prebiotic dietary fibers with the foods we eat. However, considering the minor content of prebiotic dietary fibers in these foods often makes it difficult to provide adequate amounts through food intake alone.
Bowel movement frequency and consistency of the bowel movement
In order to guarantee appropriate bowel elimination, an adequate amount of dietary fibers is required on daily basis. Experts recommend consuming a minimum of 25 grams of daily dietary fibers.
Not consuming enough fiber results in a lazy colon and a too slow digestion process and subsequently, hard bowel movements, pain and constipation. On long-term basis a lazy colon can poison the body and may result in serious intestinal disease.
Taking a good prebiotic on regular basis ensures a long-term optimal bowel movement frequency and consistency. It also promotes the growth of healthy intestinal bacteria, which is imperative for a healthy colon.
Studies confirm the positive effect
Approximately 20 years ago, scientists were searching for nutrients potentially promoting the natural growth of the micro-organisms in the large intestines. The research discovered prebiotic dietary fibers. Since then, numerous studies at renowned universities were conducted and indicated that the prebiotic dietary fibers contained in the chicory root (chicory) are especially suitable for the production of prebiotics.
9 reasons why Prebiona is the ideal prebiotic:
- first prebiotic achieving an optimal effect in the entire large intestine
- increases the number of healthy, beneficial colon bacteria
- reduces the number of harmful bacteria
- improves the ratio of good versus bad bacteria
- promotes colon function and regular bowel movements
- increases calcium absorption and supports bone density
- reduces the permeability of the intestinal walls (leaky-gut syndrome)
- strengthens the immune system and reduces food allergies
- reduces the risk of intestinal infections and inflammation
Prebiona is effective throughout the entire large intestines
Scientists discovered that certain strains of bacteria grow in certain sections of the large intestines and prefer different nutritional dietary fibers. This discovery resulted in developing prebiotic dietary fibers with diverse chain lengths.
Prebonia, the first broad-band prebiotic, is the result of this research. Different from the traditional prebiotics, such as Inulin or FOS (Fructose Oligo Saccharide), Prebonia contains a patented dietary fiber, which provides nutrients to the entire large intestines. Prebonia promotes the growth of a large variety of healthy intestinal bacteria.
Advantages of Prebiona:
- 100% natural
- purely plant based
- dissolves easily and is well tolerated
- slightly sweet taste
- has no influence on the blood sugar level
- no sugar added
- free from sweeteners
- free from flavourings
- free from allergens
Natural, healthy and safe
Prebiona is a natural plant-based prebiotic extracted from the chicory root. The prebiotic dietary fibers contained herein, are specially developed and known as Oligofructose Enriched Inulin (OEI). The efficacy of this prebiotic dietary fiber has been tested in independent studies.
You can simply supplement your nutritional intake with high-quality dietary fibers by taking Prebiona and benefit from the numerous advantages of a healthy colon. If you are taking a probiotic, Prebiona increases its effectiveness, because it provides the nutrient preferred by the probiotic germs.
Prebiona is beneficial in the event
- of poor dietary fiber nutrition
- after antibiotics therapy
- if taking probiotics
- of a disharmonious intestinal flora
- of constipation
- of leaky-gut syndrome
- of food allergies
Can I use Prebiona if I am fructose intolerant?
If you have an intestinal fructose intolerance or fructose malabsorption, you can also consume Prebiona within your normal gastrointestinal tolerance. Prebiona contains only 160mg fructose per level measuring spoon (4 gram powder).
If you suffer from fructosuria because of lack of liver fructokinase or from hereditary fructose intolerance because of lack of the enzyme aldolase B, you should not consume Prebiona.
Where are the Chicory roots coming from?
The Chicory roots, which are used to produce the Oligofructose Enriched Inulin used in Prebiona, are cultivated under controlled conditions in Belgium. The obtained probiotic fibers are regularly analysed for different parameters, such as heavy metals, nitrates, mycotoxins and pesticides.
- Egg Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Lactose Free
- No Magnesium Stearate
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Free of Colors
- No Flavors
- Preservative Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated