Potassium capsules - essential for a healthy blood pressure and muscle function
Potassium is a vital mineral which is involved in many functions of the body. More than 98% of the body’s potassium is located within cells, which demonstrates how important potassium is for normal cell function and our health in general.
Normally, we take in enough potassium with a healthy diet which includes plenty of vegetables and fruit. Bananas, potatoes, oranges, avocados, dried apricots, raisins, dates, vegetable juice, soya beans, spinach and mushrooms are particularly rich in potassium.
Potassium is a natural opponent of sodium. A balance between sodium and potassium is essential to maintain the correct water content of the cells and to regulate many processes in our metabolism.
Which functions has potassium in the body?
- it is critical to normal blood pressure
- responsible for the creation and transmission of normal heart stimuli
- ensures correct transmission of nerve impulses to the muscles
- contributes to the normal function of the nervous system
- important for a healthy acid-alkaline-balance
- important for the protein and carbohydrate metabolism
- prevents excess calcium excretion through the kidneys
Potassium promotes healthy blood pressure
Today's diet often contains too much salt (sodium) and too little potassium, which may lead to high blood pressure. A diet that is rich in fruit and vegetables and contains plenty of potassium but little salt is essential for healthy blood pressure. Too little potassium in the blood can also cause heart palpitations.
Potassium protects the bones
Excessive salt intake from food results in increased calcium excretion. Potassium counteracts sodium and reduces the loss of calcium through the kidneys, thus helping to reduce the depletion of calcium from bones.
Potassium is important for nerves and muscles
Potassium is essential for the transmission of impulses between nerves and also from nerves to muscles. Potassium deficiency can lead to disruption of these transmissions, which may result in a decrease in the muscle´s ability to contract, resulting in disturbances of muscle function.
- Egg Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Lactose Free
- No Magnesium Stearate
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Free of Colors
- No Flavors
- Preservative Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated