PEA: Natural endocannabinoid for more well-being
Palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) has been known for its beneficial effects for over 50 years. Only since the 90s, the vital substance has received the attention it deserves in medical research. Our product is developed according to the latest research results and is continuously checked by our own research. Especially with back and joint problems, the intake is particularly valued.
The human endocannabinoid system is responsible for a large number of vital body functions . As an endogenous molecule, palmitoylethanolamide (PEA) is involved in some of these metabolic processes , which is why it is currently receiving a lot of attention when used in healing arts and medicine . For example, studies have shown that people with back problems benefit from taking it. PEA is considered a natural pain reliever and helps you handle stress better .
How does PEA work?
PEA is a natural fatty acid amide that is formed in the bodies of humans and animals, as well as some plants . . It arises when the organism has to react to a negative stimulus like an injury. The molecule is therefore active in the process of rebuilding and regenerating. It has been known for decades that PEA has great properties against pain and inflammation. Until the 90s, however, no one knew why that was so. Nobel Prize laureate Rita Levi-Montalcini found that PEA can calm overactive mast cells . Since then, intensive research has been carried out in order to be able to utilize the full potential.
Why our PEA capsules with Levagen+ are guaranteed to be the best product you can buy
PEA is not always PEA. The vital substance is found in many foods, especially eggs, soy, meat and fish. How well the body can process the PEA depends on the dosage and bioavailability. Our capsules contain the trademarked PEA form Levagen+. The so-called LipiSperse technology is used in production. In this unique process, bioavailability increases by 1.8 times as compared to conventional PEA preparations. This means that your body can absorb and use the vital substance more quickly.
- Quickly available: Protected formulation ensures the best possible bioavailability.
- Safe dosage and application: The capsules are already optimally tailored to your needs, so that one capsule per day is sufficient.
- Ongoing controls: PEA is being researched with great medical interest, which we add to our own laboratory controls.
The special formulation of our product combines PEA with vitamin D3. Together, the ingredients develop synergetic effects that make it easier for the body to use the positive effects as quickly as possible. PEA benefits include:
- Supports pain and inflammation   
- Maintains joint function and reduces stiffness  
- Restful sleep and an increase the quality of sleep  
Current research suggests that PEA can help alleviate infection-related stress. This way, it should help reduce acute respiratory stress . Our products are not medication, which is why we advise against using our capsules against infection (e.g. COVID). Our product serves as prevention. It should help your body activate self-healing powers in order to be able to cope with future impairments better.
Side effects and unwanted effects
Our PEA with the active ingredient Levagen+ is very well tolerated. However, any remedy can trigger unwanted effects, which is why we don't recommend it for certain people. Anyone who tends to allergies or hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients should refrain from taking this. Limitations in liver and kidney functions can affect metabolism. Again, you should not take PEA or other food supplements (without consulting your doctor). There is currently not enough scientific knowledge about pregnancy and breastfeeding, as these have not yet been comprehensively included in studies. As long as we don't have much information about this, we advise against its consumption.
Who is the PEA form of Levagen+ ideal for?
Active people and recreational athletes can support the healing process after an injury. Anyone who tends to have back problems or joint stiffness can prevent further restrictions with the help of our products.
PEA or CBD: Not every endocannabinoid has the same effect
The potentials of endocannabinoids to promote relaxation and prevention is becoming increasingly popular. That is why Cannabidiol (CBD) is currently in everyone's mouth when it comes to pain relief and anti-inflammatory measures. PEA is less well known but has identical benefits. It is often referred to as the CBD alternative for athletes  because CBD can have more serious side effects and undesirable effects. CBD is usually obtained from the hemp plant, which is why there are uncertainties regarding an intoxicating effect. In addition to this, the CBD only docks to the same cells as PEA, PEA is instead produced completely naturally by the body. Therefore, taking PEA is also not associated with undesirable effects such as anxiety or cravings.
PEA should ideally be taken for a longer amount of time. In our experience, the desired effects occur within 60 days. The PEA is naturally absorbed in the intestines and processed biologically. It, therefore, takes some time until the body has found the right balance and can use the vital substance optimally. This is normal for natural products. Dietary supplements don't work as fast as you're used to, for example, as from a pain reliever. The advantage lies in the sustained normalization of certain body functions. This is how our product helps you stay healthy.
Studies and references
- Karst, M. Cannabinoide in der Schmerzmedizin. Der Schmerz,32,381–396
- Foundation OrthoKnowledge Palmitoylethanolamid, wirksames körpereigenes Analgetikum (Schmerzmittel) und Antiphlogistikum (Entzündungshemmer)
- Domínguez, C. et al. N-palmitoylethanolamide in the treatment of neuropathic pain associated with lumbosciatica Pain Management,2(2),119-124(6)
- Peritore, A. et al. Therapeutic Efficacy of Palmitoylethanolamide and Its New Formulations in Synergy with Different Antioxidant Molecules Present in Diets Nutrients,11(9),2175
- Aloe, L. et al. A proposed autacoid mechanism controlling mastocyte behaviour Agents Actions.,39,C145–147
- Keppel Hesselink, J.M. Chronic Pain and the Use of Palmitoylethanolamide Austin J Neurol Disord Epilepsy,5(2)
- Evangelista, M. et al. Ultra-micronized Palmitoylethanolamide Effects on Sleep-wake Rhythm and Neuropathic Pain Phenotypes in Patients with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: An Open-label, Randomized Controlled Study CNS & Neurological Disorders - Drug Targets (Formerly Current Drug Targets - CNS & Neurological Disorders),17(4),291-298(8)
- Davis, M.P. et al. The Potential Benefits of Palmitoylethanolamide in Palliation: A Qualitative Systematic Review American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine,36(12)
- Morgan, N. PEA: The CBD alternative for athletes
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Silicon Dioxide
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated