Milk Thistle - high quality extract to detoxify and protect your liver
Only a healthy liver can fulfil its various tasks in an optimum way. Often the detoxifying function of the liver and the gall bladder is, however, impaired by alcohol, drugs, environmental pollutants, false nutrition or infection.
The milk thistle is the most well-known medicinal plant for liver and gall bladder complaints. It has already been used for centuries to treat liver diseases, and should not be forgotten when it comes to cleansing the liver.
Milk thistle is considered nature's strongest weapon for protecting, strengthening the liver and stimulating the flow of bile and the blood supply.
Even in the case of liver poisoning (for example, due to the consumption of death cap mushrooms, alcohol or Paracetamol), milk thistle is preferably utilised for reducing liver damage and promoting the regeneration of the liver.
In combination with the conventional treatment of diabetes, there are trials to see whether milk thistle can, by lowering the blood sugar level and reducing insulin resistance, improve diabetes.
Some trials indicate that it can reduce glucose absorption by the cells, by the transport of glucose being inhibited. Diabetics should therefore consult their GP before taking milk thistle products.
A special patented milk thistle extract with up to 1000% more bioavailability!
The active substance in milk thistle is silymarin, which consists of multiple bioflavonoids - including silybin (also known as silybinin), silidianin and silichristin. Silybin alone is, however, responsible for 50% to 70% of therapeutic use of milk thistle. Unfortunately, silymarin is not absorbed by the body very well.
With Siliphos®, a special patented milk thistle extract, scientists have now been able to overcome this poor bioavailability. Siliphos unites silybin and phosphatidylcholine at the molecular level.
The end result is a newly created compound, where the phospholipid surrounds the silybin and acts as a protective shield. The absorption of silybin into the bloodstream, and consequently into the liver, is greatly increased thereby.
Due to this unique compound, up to 10 times more of the active substance silybin does in fact reach the bloodstream than is the case with conventional standardised 80% milk thistle extract - and that is scientifically proven.
Research shows that silybin assists the health of the liver, combats free radicals, promotes the production of glutathione and stimulates protein synthesis in the liver cells.
Phosphatidylcholine supports the liver and the general health by promoting healthy enzyme, antioxidation and lipometabolism activities, and also ensures the rapid functional and structural reorganisation of liver cells.
Benefits of Milk Thistle Royal:
- Contains Siliphos, a special milk thistle extract, with a standardised content of 29-36% silybin (as per HLPC), the main active substance found in silymarin.
- Due to its bonding with phosphatidylcholine at the molecular level, Milk Thistle Royal is absorbed by the liver up to 10 times better - compared to conventional standardised 80% milk thistle extract.
- The effect, bioavailability and safety of Siliphos milk thistle extract has been confirmed in numerous clinical trials and pharmacological tests.
- Milk Thistle Royal also contributes towards maintaining or restoring healthy liver function, protects against oxidative stress, and can be utilised in addition in the case of liver diseases.
- Each Milk Thistle Royal capsule contains an effective quantity of Siliphos. Therefore it is only necessary to take it once per day.
- Milk Thistle Royal capsules do not contain any liquefiers, fillers, colourings or preservatives. Manufactured without genetic engineering, filled into vegetable-based capsules.
- Milk Thistle Royal capsules are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.