Choline capsules: High-quality choline at the best price-performance ratio
Choline supports numerous body functions. It is a substance produced naturally by the human body which can be taken alongside our daily food intake. Nevertheless, many people still suffer from a choline deficiency.
Choline is classified as a water-soluble nutrient that is associated with the B vitamin group . Officially, however, it is not regarded as part of that group because the body produces its own choline. Once known as vitamin B4, choline plays an important part in the construction and maintenance of cells, and is also known to play a key role in the development of a child in the womb .
What specific health benefits are associated with choline?
This nutrient is involved in many different biological processes . Many people are effectively under-supplied with choline, even though it can be ingested with your food and is even produced naturally by the body itself. Animal products such as egg yolk or pork and beef liver also contain large amounts of this nutrient. However, there are also herbal alternatives available to meet our potential choline requirements.
Choline’s ability to influence liver metabolism has been well understood for decades. So users appreciate this vital substance has a role to play in maintaining normal fat metabolism. Choline is naturally absorbed as part of your food diet and is involved in the process of removing fats from your body’s detoxification organ . It also has an important control function as regards the deposition of fats in the liver.
Taking choline supplements will often help optimise your body’s response in the following situations:
- supporting and promoting liver function
- helping to maintain normal cholesterol and homocysteine levels
- helping to prevent memory impairments
- supporting the maintenance of normal metabolic function where there is obesity or increased demands on the liver (e.g. during holiday periods)
- supporting the management of blood sugar-related conditions
Choline deficiency has also been linked to the development of what is known as fatty liver. So an additional choline intake may often form part of the recommended medical response.
What features characterise a lack of choline?
The connection between a choline deficiency and various diseases is currently the subject of ongoing medical research . Choline’s influence on heart health, and the role of this nutrient in human metabolism, are two particular areas that are being investigated by research scientists. Furthermore, choline is also understood to have an effect on the nervous system and upon our memory function. In the course of a recent US study, it was found that an oversupply of choline almost never occurs . And yet, on the other hand, a choline deficiency appears to be very common.
How do choline capsules support the body?
People who do not eat animal products often tend to be deficient in choline . In such circumstances, taking our guaranteed herbal choline capsules can make a valuable contribution to maintaining healthy choline levels. We obtain our choline from an acid that is produced during the winemaking process. As a vital substance, choline supports the body in the following processes:
- Neural development: important for muscle control and memory functions  
- Communication between cells: supports the inter-cell transmission of neural signals  
- Transmission of nerve impulses: relevant for sight and hearing functions  
- Lipid transport and metabolism: involved in lipid metabolism and as a key factor in our digestive system  
What should you look out for when purchasing choline capsules?
The quality of any dietary supplement is influenced by many factors. On the one hand, the raw materials used in production will largely determine the quality of a product. Yet, the manufacturing process and ongoing quality control also play a crucial role in the caliber of the final product. So when buying, it’s important to carefully consider the following features:
- Product and dosage formats
- Ingredients and dosage
- Bioavailability and bioactivity
- Ingestion and tolerance
- Additives and allergens
- Value for money
Product and dosage formats
Among other options, vital substances can be administered as a powder or in the form of tablets. We supply our choline as easy-to-swallow capsules, which your body can quickly break down. Just like the ingredients used in our choline product itself, these capsules are also guaranteed to be entirely free from animal products.
Ingredients and dosage
We offer you choline as what is known as a bitartrate. This is a special salt made from tartaric acid. In sufficient doses, an additional intake of choline in the form of food supplements or drugs can promote health and contribute to the prevention of numerous diseases .
Research recommendations suggest that choline should be consumed in the highest possible amounts in order to meet the body’s actual requirements . The medical effects of this vital substance are currently the subject of numerous ongoing studies. These include, among other things, its effects on vascular health , while metabolism and blood sugar are also currently under intense investigation .
Bioavailability and bioactivity
Your intestine is particularly involved in the absorption of choline . So it is important that this vital substance can be easily and thoroughly absorbed via the digestive tract and efficiently metabolized in your body.
Ingestion and tolerance
Choline can be obtained in many different ways and is generally considered to be a well-tolerated substance, not least because it also occurs naturally in the body. However, impure processing can have undesirable consequences. Our capsules are always optimally aligned with current scientific recommendations to prevent any chance that an accidental overdose might occur.
Additives and allergens
Contamination can occur at the manufacturing stage of dietary supplements unless the processing is fully monitored and controlled. Our capsules are manufactured using certified processes, and all our ingredients are clearly identified on the packaging.
Value for money
Thanks to an optimal dosage per capsule, you can easily keep track of your dietary supplement consumption. A high dosage of 750 mg bitartrate per capsule corresponds to a net intake of 300 mg of choline. Each pack contains 120 capsules, so that means each pack will last up to four months.
Frequently asked questions about choline capsules
Who would ideally benefit from taking choline capsules? – Those who do not consume animal products can compensate for any choline deficiency by taking our capsules. It is also important for senior citizens to ensure their intake of choline is maintained at optimal levels .
Can you overdose on choline? – It is always possible to overdose on any substance. However, it is rather unlikely that an excessively high intake could occur when taking choline.
Can choline interact with other substances or drug medications? – Yes, it is possible. Please discuss this with your doctor in advance, or consult our service team for advice. When necessary, you can always show them the packaging label, which contains detailed information.
Studies and references
- Hollenbeck, C.B. An introduction to the nutrition and metabolism of choline Cent Nerv Syst Agents Med Chem.,12(2):100-13
- Alashmali, S. et al. The effect of choline availability from gestation to early development on brain and retina functions and phospholipid composition in a male mouse model Nutr Neurosci.,28;1-15
- Wallace, T.C. & Fulgoni, V.L. Usual Choline Intakes Are Associated with Egg and Protein Food Consumption in the United States Nutrients,5,9(8):839
- Gebhard, P. Phosphatidylcholin – ein natürlicher Wirkstoff für Leber- und Gefäßgesundheit
- DGK Cholin und Phosphatidylcholin (Lecithin)
- Moglie, M.J. et al. Loss of Choline Agonism in the Inner Ear Hair Cell Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Linked to the α10 Subunit Front Mol Neurosci
- Wang, R. et al. Choline and PEG dually modified artemether nano delivery system targeting intra-erythrocytic Plasmodium and its pharmacodynamics in vivo Drug Dev Ind Pharm.
- Zeisel, S.H. Gene response elements, genetic polymorphisms and epigenetics influence the human dietary requirement for choline IUBMB Life,59(6):380-7
- Jan Krzysztof Blusztajn, J.K. et al. Neuroprotective Actions of Dietary Choline Nutrients,28,9(8):815
- Zeisel, S.H. Choline: clinical nutrigenetic/nutrigenomic approaches for identification of functions and dietary requirements World Rev Nutr Diet
- Yahn, G.B. et al. The role of dietary supplements that modulate one-carbon metabolism on stroke outcome Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care,23
- Kwee, L.C. et al. Metabolites and diabetes remission after weight loss Nutr Diabetes,24,11(1):10
- Wang, Z. et al. Prognostic value of choline and betaine depends on intestinal microbiota-generated metabolite trimethylamine-N-oxide Eur Heart J.,35(14):904-10
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Silicon Dioxide
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated