R-Lipoic Acid - the super antioxidans
Alpha-lipoic acid (also simply called "lipoic acid") is the most powerful antioxidant, that is produced in every cell in the body. It is also known as the "super antioxidant" or "universal antioxidant", as it can neutralise free radicals in both fat-soluble and water soluble environments of the body.
Due to these properties, it is easily absorbed, and transported into many organs and systems in the body, for example into the brain, the liver and the nerves, where it can protect the cells on a broad scale.
This property makes the lipoic acid so unique. Other antioxidants can only either reach fatty or aqueous parts of the cells, and do not have access to other environments.
How does Alpha-Lipoid acid work?
One of the most important features of R-alpha-lipoic acid is to increase the production of glutathione in the body, which helps to break down toxic substances in the liver.
Alpha-lipoic acid also has the unique capacity to regenerate itself and other antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10 or Glutathione, and thus to extend their time of action in the body. This is one of the reasons, why R-alpha-lipoic acid is so important in maintaining and promoting health.
In addition, lipoic acid helps to increase the positive effects of other important antioxidants in the body, such as glutathione and coenzyme Q10 - two compounds which are essential in combating age and illness.
Together with B-vitamins, R-alpha-lipoic supports the energy production in the body by converting carbohydrates, proteins and fats into stored energy for future use. Lipoic acid does this by helping to protect the mitochondria (responsible to create energy in the cells) against oxidative stress, to make sure that the energy production in the body remains efficient.
How does R-alpha-lipoic acid differ from other forms of lipoic acid?
Lipoic acid is available in three forms: R-alpha-lipoic acid, S-alpha-lipoic acid and RS-alpha-lipoic acid.
- R-alpha-lipoic acid is the natural, active form of lipoic acid. It is the only form that is found in nature and produced in the body.
- S-alpha-lipoic acid and RS-alpha-lipoic acid are artificial compounds, that are produced through chemical synthesis and usually sold as alpha-lipoic acid.
Research shows that R-alpha-lipoic acid has the right structure to link to membrane receptors and enzymes. Therefore it is metabolised more efficiently and has a higher efficacy than the synthetic, unnatural forms of lipoic acid.
Should a lipoic acid product not specifically be labelled as R-alpha-lipoic acid or R-lipoic acid, it probably contains the artificial, less effective form of lipoic acid.
Why do we need additional R-lipoic acid?
By nature, R-alpha-lipoic acid is produced in the cells of the body. Unfortunately, the capacity to synthesize it, decreases with age. In order to maintain the protective property of lipoic acid for the cells, it makes sense to take additional alpha-lipoic acid as a dietary supplement.
lpha-lipoic acid is already used by many doctors in addition to conventional therapy. It is known for protecting and even restoring the proper function of the cells throughout the body.
The many benefits of R-alpha-lipoic acid:
- regenerates antioxidants such as Vitamin E and Vitamin C
- enhances the positive effects of glutathione and coenzyme Q10
- reduces the oxidative stress in the body
- improves multiple components of the metabolic syndrome
- lowers blood pressure
- reduces insulin resistance
- improves the lipid profile
- increases insulin sensitivity
- protects and regenerates the liver
- improves diabetic neuropathy
- protects against the formation of cataracts
- improves visual function in the case of glaucoma
- protects the brain and the nervous system
- reduces brain damage after a stroke
- helps to remove toxic metals from the body
- reduces the frequency and intensity of migraine
- improves the skin structure
Advantages of BioActive R-lipoic acid:
- BioActive R-lipoic acid only contains 100% natural R-alpha-lipoic acid in form of sodium R-lipoate. This is a recently developed, more stable form of the natural R-alpha-lipoic acid, which is bonded to sodium.
- In addition, this new form of R-alpha-lipoic acid is up to 30 times more bioavailable than conventional alpha-lipoic acid. Each BioActive R-lipoic acid capsule contains 100mg Sodium R-lipoic acid per capsule.
- BioActive R-lipoic acid also contains Biotin, because more of this vital nutrient is needed by the body if lipoic acid is taken on a regular basis.
- BioActive R-lipoic acid capsules do not contain any flowing agents, fillers, colourings or preservatives. The R-lipoic acid is GMO-free and filled into vegan capsules.
- BioActive R-lipoic acid capsules are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated