Acetyl L-Carnitine capsules in high quality and purity
Acetyl-L-carnitine - also called ALCAR for short, is the acetylated form of L-carnitine and is produced naturally in the body. Sometimes, however, sufficient quantities for optimal health and energy are not always produced.
As a dietary supplement, many people appreciate its effects for increased focus and better memory. By supporting the development of neurotransmitters, it can also improve mood, and decrease the symptoms of depression.
Benefits of the Acetyl-L-carnitine capsules:
- 100% Acetyl-L-carnitine of highest quality and purity
- high dose with 500mg pure Acetyl-L-carnitine per capsule
- filled into plant based capsules
- guaranteed free from any additives
- free from genetically modified substances
- suitable for vegans, vegetarians and diabetics
- very good value for money
What is Acetyl-L-carnitine?
Unlike other forms of L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine has the great advantage of being able to overcome the blood-brain barrier, ensuring that L-carnitine penetrates the brain. Its acetylene group also contributes to the synthesis of acetylcholine, which acts as an important neurotransmitter for memory, focus, and learning processes in the brain.
Acetyl-L-carnitine has also shown that it can improve the structure and function of mitochondria, and restore the activity of important enzymes. It protects the neurons and may reduce age-related oxidative stress, which plays a role in the pathogenesis.
Acetyl-L-carnitine can support the integrity of the blood-brain barrier, as well as the nerve's myelin sheaths, supporting the repair of damaged nerve cells and structures. All of this can contribute to the deceleration of mental decline.
Acetyl-L-carnitine is the ideal form of L-carnitine for people who would like to improve their mental performance, memory, attention span, and mood with L-carnitine.
L-carnitine is formed through the splitting-off of the acetyl group, which is responsible for the transport of long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria, where it is utilized for the production of energy (ATP). In principle, L-carnitine can also fulfill other functions which are generally attributed to it, in addition to its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier.
What are the effects of acetyl-L-carnitine on the body?
Acetyl-L-carnitine has demonstrated many health-promoting effects, including the following:
- an increase in mental and physical energy
- an improvement in heart and brain function
- an improvement in concentration levels and memory
- an improvement in general mood
- protection of neurons and a reduction of damage by free radicals
- a reduction of the formation of amyloid plaque
- it contributes to the maintenance and restoration of the myelin of the nerve sheaths
- it can decrease symptoms of peripheral neuropathy in diabetics
- it can enhance male fertility
Acetyl-L-carnitine increases the number of neurotransmitters
Acetyl-L-carnitine has also shown that it increases the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and serotonin, causing an improvement in depressive conditions. At the same time, decreased values of GABA, a moderation of the neurotransmitters, and increased levels of myoinositol have been determined.
Myoinositol is the most abundant form of inositol and is naturally produced by the body. It is an important component of the cell membrane and plays a key role in many metabolic processes, such as the transmission of cell signals, the metabolism of the nerves, production of phospholipids and energy metabolism.
To support the peripheral nervous system
Approximately 25% of all diabetics suffer from peripheral neuropathy, where a partial dissolution of the myelin layer, which encloses the nerve fibers, is indicated. Those affected experience numbness, tingling, pain, sensitivity to touch and/or pressure on the skin of the lower limbs, as well as a reduction of flexibility.
Studies show that acetyl-L-carnitine may be helpful in improving peripheral neuropathy; however, in these studies, acetyl-L-carnitine was ingested for about a year, in a dosage of 500 to 1000 mg per day.
Due to the increase of myelinated and regenerated fibers, as well as the size of the fibers, the participants experienced reduced pain levels and showed improved nerve conduction speed and partial nerve regeneration. Acetyl-L-carnitine seems to work more effectively on people who have had diabetes for a short time.
Acetyl-L-carnitine can be taken alone for peripheral neuropathy, in combination with bio-active R-lipoic acid, or together with other therapies.
How should acetyl-L-carnitine be taken?
Initially, acetyl-L-carnitine should always be initially taken in a dosage of just 500 mg (1 capsule). The dosage can be increased to the required quantity as needed. The daily dosage should not be ingested all at once but divided into 2 to 3 doses, spread over the day.
The specified standard dosage of 1 capsule three times a day, can be adjusted according to requirements. Older people may need a higher dosage to achieve the same effect as younger people.
For depression, the usual recommended dosage is 1500 to 3000 mg (3 to 6 capsules).
In the case of diabetic neuropathy, a dosage of 1000 to 2000 mg (2 to 4 capsules) is recommended.
To improve sperm quality in men, 2000 to 4000 mg may be required.
Acetyl-L-carnitine should be taken continuously over a minimum period of 3 to 6 months, to ensure the optimal build-up of vital substances. Acetyl-L-carnitine is also suitable for continuous consumption.
People who have a problem with swallowing the capsules, can pull the capsule apart and dissolve the powder in water. The powder tastes sour and may be mixed with fruit juice if preferred.
Does acetyl-L-carnitine have side effects?
When taken in the recommended dosage, L-carnitine is very safe, even when consumed over an extended period.
People with sensitive stomachs should take acetyl-L-carnitine with, or after, meals.
The ingestion of acetyl-L-carnitine too late in the evening, can lead to disturbed sleep patterns in some people. In such cases, acetyl-L-carnitine should not be taken in the afternoon or evening.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated