Acetyl L-Carnitine capsules 500mg in high quality and purity
Acetyl-L-carnitine - also called ALCAR for short, is the acetylated form of L-carnitine and is produced naturally in the body. Sometimes, however, sufficient quantities for optimal health and energy are not always produced.
As a dietary supplement, many people appreciate its effects as a brain booster for increased focus and better memory. By supporting the development of neurotransmitters, it can also improve mood, and decrease the symptoms of depression.
Benefits of the Acetyl-L-carnitine capsules:
- 100% Acetyl-L-carnitine of highest quality and purity
- high dose with 500mg pure Acetyl-L-carnitine per capsule
- filled into plant based capsules
- guaranteed free from any additives
- free from genetically modified substances
- suitable for vegans, vegetarians and diabetics
- very good value for money
What is Acetyl-L-carnitine?
Unlike other forms of L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine has the great advantage of being able to overcome the blood-brain barrier, ensuring that L-carnitine penetrates the brain. Its acetylene group also contributes to the synthesis of acetylcholine, which acts as an important neurotransmitter for memory, focus, and learning processes in the brain.
Acetyl-L-carnitine has also shown that it can improve the structure and function of mitochondria, and restore the activity of important enzymes. It protects the neurons and may reduce age-related oxidative stress, which plays a role in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease.
Acetyl-L-carnitine can support the integrity of the blood-brain barrier, as well as the nerve's myelin sheaths, supporting the repair of damaged nerve cells and structures. All of this can contribute to the deceleration of mental decline.
Acetyl-L-carnitine is the ideal form of L-carnitine for people who would like to improve their mental performance, memory, attention span, and mood with L-carnitine.
L-carnitine is formed through the splitting-off of the acetyl group, which is responsible for the transport of long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria, where it is utilized for the production of energy (ATP). In principle, L-carnitine can also fulfill other functions which are generally attributed to it, in addition to its ability to cross the blood-brain barrier.
What are the effects of acetyl-L-carnitine on the body?
Acetyl-L-carnitine has demonstrated many health-promoting effects, including the following:
- an increase in mental and physical energy
- an improvement in heart and brain function
- an improvement in concentration levels and memory
- an improvement in general mood
- a reduction in age-related depression
- protection of neurons and a reduction of damage by free radicals
- a reduction of the formation of amyloid plaque
- it contributes to the maintenance and restoration of the myelin of the nerve sheaths
- it can decrease symptoms of peripheral neuropathy in diabetics
- it can enhance male fertility
Acetyl-L-carnitine in Alzheimer's
Acetyl-L-carnitine contributes to the synthesis of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which plays an important role in concentration, focus, memory and learning processes. Damage to the acetylene-producing system in the brain is associated with memory deficits, which are associated with Alzheimer's disease.
Beta-amyloid peptides exert a high degree of oxidative stress on the brain and seem to be a major contributor to the development and progression of Alzheimer's disease. According to studies, taking acetyl-L-carnitine can act as a protection, guarding against the neurotoxicity and oxidative stress of beta-amyloid peptides; partly, through the increase of glutathione levels.
Acetyl-L-carnitine can assist in the maintenance of the bioenergy of the mitochondria, which indicates an increase in the parameters of energy metabolism in the brain. All of these findings indicate that acetyl-L-carnitine is a supportive therapy for Alzheimer's patients.
Acetyl-L-carnitine has been shown to be most effective in individuals who have early-stage (under 66 years of age) signs of Alzheimer's disease, and for whom the progression of mental decline is swift.
Acetyl-L-carnitine increases the number of neurotransmitters
Acetyl-L-carnitine has also shown that it increases the neurotransmitters norepinephrine and serotonin, causing an improvement in depressive conditions. At the same time, decreased values of GABA, a moderation of the neurotransmitters, and increased levels of myoinositol have been determined.
Myoinositol is the most abundant form of inositol and is naturally produced by the body. It is an important component of the cell membrane and plays a key role in many metabolic processes, such as the transmission of cell signals, the metabolism of the nerves, production of phospholipids and energy metabolism.
Acetyl-L-carnitine for peripheral neuropathy
Approximately 25% of all diabetics suffer from peripheral neuropathy, where a partial dissolution of the myelin layer, which encloses the nerve fibers, is indicated. Those affected experience numbness, tingling, pain, sensitivity to touch and/or pressure on the skin of the lower limbs, as well as a reduction of flexibility.
Studies show that acetyl-L-carnitine may be helpful in improving peripheral neuropathy; however, in these studies, acetyl-L-carnitine was ingested for about a year, in a dosage of 500 to 1000 mg per day.
Due to the increase of myelinated and regenerated fibers, as well as the size of the fibers, the participants experienced reduced pain levels and showed improved nerve conduction speed and partial nerve regeneration. Acetyl-L-carnitine seems to work more effectively on people who have had diabetes for a short time.
Acetyl-L-carnitine can be taken alone for peripheral neuropathy, in combination with bio-active R-lipoic acid, or together with other therapies.
How should acetyl-L-carnitine be taken?
Initially, acetyl-L-carnitine should always be initially taken in a dosage of just 500 mg (1 capsule). The dosage can be increased to the required quantity as needed. The daily dosage should not be ingested all at once but divided into 2 to 3 doses, spread over the day.
The specified standard dosage of 1 capsule three times a day, can be adjusted according to requirements. Older people may need a higher dosage to achieve the same effect as younger people.
For Alzheimer's disease and depression, the usual recommended dosage is 1500 to 3000 mg (3 to 6 capsules).
In the case of diabetic neuropathy, a dosage of 1000 to 2000 mg (2 to 4 capsules) is recommended.
To improve sperm quality in men, 2000 to 4000 mg may be required.
Acetyl-L-carnitine should be taken continuously over a minimum period of 3 to 6 months, to ensure the optimal build-up of vital substances. Acetyl-L-carnitine is also suitable for continuous consumption.
People who have a problem with swallowing the capsules, can pull the capsule apart and dissolve the powder in water. The powder tastes sour and may be mixed with fruit juice if preferred.
Does acetyl-L-carnitine have side effects?
When taken in the recommended dosage, L-carnitine is very safe, even when consumed over an extended period.
People with sensitive stomachs should take acetyl-L-carnitine with, or after, meals.
The ingestion of acetyl-L-carnitine too late in the evening, can lead to disturbed sleep patterns in some people. In such cases, acetyl-L-carnitine should not be taken in the afternoon or evening.
- Egg Free
- Peanut Free
- Fish Free
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Yeast Free
- Lactose Free
- No Magnesium Stearate
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
- Free of Colors
- No Flavors
- Preservative Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated