Vitamin B12 Sublingual lozenges - high doses as methylcobalamin
Vitamin B12 is one of the water-soluble vitamins and has many functions in the human body. It is involved in the formation of red blood cells, is a component of some enzymes, but also plays an important role in energy metabolism and is important for a well-functioning nervous system.
Methylcobalamin - the active, bioavailable vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 Sublingual contains methylcobalamin, the biologically active coenzyme form of vitamin B12. In contrast to conventional vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin), it can be used directly by the body without first having to be converted into the biologically active coenzyme B12 (methylcobalamin)
That is why methylcobalamin lozenges have a higher bioavailability than cyanocobalamin and are the better choice for an optimal vitamin B12 supply.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 Sublingual Lozenges:
- provides methylcobalamin, the bioactive coenzyme form of B12
- high dose with 1000 mcg vitamin B12 per lozenge
- optimal absorption for people with gastrointestinal problems
- ideal for people who do not want to swallow vitamin B12 tablets or vitamin B12 capsules
- has a pleasant peppermint taste
- suitable for vegans, vegetarians, and diabetics
Optimal absorption through the oral mucosa
The vitamin B12 contained in vitamin B12 sublingual lozenges is absorbed through the oral mucosa, bypassing absorption through the gastrointestinal tract. A vitamin B12 deficiency due to an absorption disorder can thus be avoided or compensated for. This is the decisive advantage over conventional vitamin B12 tablets or vitamin B12 capsules.
The vitamin B12 methylcobalamin lozenge is recommended
- with increased vitamin B12 requirements
- for vegetarians with restricted vitamin B12 intake through food
- for vegans to compensate for the lack of vitamin B12 sources in the diet
- for problems with the stomach and intestines
- during pregnancy and lactation
- with increased homocysteine levels
- for older people whose vitamin B12 intake is restricted
- with increased alcohol and tobacco consumption
For whom are vitamin B12 lozenges beneficial?
Vitamin B12 intake through the digestive tract can be severely restricted in people suffering from gastrointestinal problems. This is always the case when gastric acid production is restricted, e.g. due to chronic inflammation of the stomach lining or due to stress.
Or when part of the stomach has been removed by surgery. This means that there is not enough gastric acid available to release vitamin B12 from the diet.
Sometimes people over 50 are also advised to take vitamin B12 lozenges, as gastric acid is often not produced in sufficient quantities from this age. As a result, vitamin B12 cannot be removed from the diet and a deficiency can occur.
In a small part of the population, gastric juice lacks the intrinsic factor due to an autoimmune disease, which is formed by certain cells of the gastric mucosa. However, this is necessary so that vitamin B12 can be introduced into the body via the intestinal cells.
Do high-dose vitamin B12 tablets have side effects?
Vitamin B12 is one of the water-soluble vitamins and is very safe. The body uses the amount needed individually at a certain point in time and excretes the rest in the urine. Vitamin B12 has no side effects even in very high doses.
The currently recommended daily requirement of 2.5 mcg is the amount that humans need in order not to get any deficiency symptoms. This does not mean that the daily requirement is an upper limit.
Rather, it is an approximate minimum amount that the majority of the population needs in order not to become deficient. In fact, the need can vary greatly depending on lifestyle, age, and diet
Therefore, orthomolecular doctors recommend much higher amounts than the recommended daily requirement, if not only to compensate for a deficiency but also to boost a person's vitality and energy by taking vitamin B12. The most commonly recommended dosage is 1000 mcg a day.
What can vitamin B12 do for your health?
- is important for normal energy metabolism
- contributes to the normal functioning of the nervous system
- supports normal homocysteine metabolism
- contributes to normal psychological function
- is important for the normal functioning of the immune system
- is involved in the normal formation of red blood cells
- helps reduce tiredness and premature fatigue
- has a function in cell division
Possible consequences of a vitamin B12 deficiency:
- Irritability, mood swings, feelings of fear, aggressiveness
- Difficulty concentrating and poor memory
- Tingling of hands and feet
- Weakness, tiredness, dizziness
- Increased susceptibility to infections, paleness of the face, white lips
- Restricted sense of smell and touch
- Shortness of breath (due to lack of red blood cells)
- Increased homocysteine level
- Low hemoglobin
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated