Camu Camu Powder - 100% pure and organic
Camu Camu is the reddish-purple berry of an Amazonian rainforest tree, and is currently being hailed as the richest source of natural vitamin C on the planet. It backs up this vital nutrient with a small arsenal of phytochemicals, which help make it a richly stabilising addition to the human diet.
Camu Camu is currently hailed as one of the most important new arrivals on the superfood scene, and is gaining fans rapidly around the world.
The bushy tree Myrciaria dubia grows along water courses in the Amazon region. It is versatile enough to survive in other sub-tropical areas, and is now beginning to be cultivated elsewhere. Although its berries are reddish-purple its flesh is yellow, and it is this part of the fruit that is prized for its nutritional virtues.
Even raw, Camu Camu tends to be used as an additive to other foods rather than a destination fruit. It is fairly acidic, and as a result tastes rather bitter. People in its native area tend to use it as an addition to drinks, preserves and ice cream.
Health benefits of Camu Camu powder
- Camu Camu has only recently emerged as a nutritional superstar, and is currently the subject of much research into its properties as a food. A unifying conclusion of early studies is that the fruit has enormous potential, due to the combination of bio-available vitamin C and supporting phyto-nutrients that it offers.
- Vitamin C is one of the human diets absolute essentials. We need it to build and maintain healthy skin, nerves, muscles and bone. Since experiments in the 18th Century into the causes of the ascorbate (vitamin C) deficiency scurvy, it has been an accepted fact of human nutrition, that we must include it in our diets.
- Vitamin C is available in fresh fruit and vegetables, but modern man rarely consumes enough to provide sufficiency. Vitamin C supplements are commonplace, mostly containing a synthesised product.
While these are useful, it is far better to consume a more natural product, containing supporting phytonutrients which support and nourish the bodys systems and help make the vitamin C more efficiently absorbed.
- In Camu Camu, these include the essential amino acids valine and leucine, antioxidant anthocyanins and ellagic acid, health-promoting flavanols, blood sugar-stabilising myrtillin and antifungal gallic acid.
- Although scientific research is only beginning to bear them out, proponents of Camu Camu have already hailed it as an effective antioxidant, as well as an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antiviral substance.
- Vitamin C is recognised as a stabiliser of the human system, helping our bodies own defence systems optimise their resistance to disease and promoting accelerated healing.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Silicon Dioxide
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
The values of Purasana
Transparent agreements, fair prices
We enter into transparent agreements with our farmers in South America, Asia and Africa. And of course we pay them fair prices. So it is perfectly clear what we expect from them and what they pay for it. It is true that the happier the farmers, the better their products are. In this way, quality, sustainability and fair trade go hand in hand. In short: satisfied farmers, satisfied customers. And that in turn makes us happy.
Without chemicals and pesticides
Most Purasana products carry the European organic seal. Their ingredients are therefore organically grown and contain no pesticides or chemicals. In addition, the EU organic label guarantees that processing, production and marketing are carried out in accordance with strict regulations. The independent testing laboratory TÜV Nord Integra carries out regular tests for this purpose. So you can be sure that your Purasana products are really healthy.
No artificial additives
All Purasana products are purely herbal and 100% natural. They contain no artificial flavours, preservatives or other non-vegetable substances. In addition, our ingredients come from organically grown fruits and plants and have not been genetically modified or treated with ionising radiation. Purasana is pure nature!
Personally selected and controlled
We select the raw materials for our products ourselves, in the literal sense of the word: we visit plantations abroad in person to look at, taste and taste the raw materials. Not because it fits in with our marketing story, but because better products are created in this way. Only the best raw materials are processed. In addition, we regularly check on site whether the producers continue to meet our quality requirements.
Healthy and happy
100 percent natural and healthy
Purasana products are 100% natural and in many cases gluten, lactose and soy free. Due to their vegetable origin, they are also perfectly suited for a vegetarian or vegan diet. But even if you simply opt for a healthy lifestyle, our products are the ideal supplement to your diet. Look forward to the positive effect on your charisma and the energy boost that comes with it!