Folic acid capsules - with Quatrefolic, the effective, active form of folate
BioActive Folate contains patented Quatrefolic, the bioactive, stable form of folate in the form of 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF). This form of folate is immediately available in the body. It is more effective than conventional folic acid because it can perform its tasks directly without having to be first converted into active folate.
Why BioActive Folate capsules are the best folic acid capsules you can buy:
- 800 mcg Quatrefolic - corresponds to 400 mcg of highly bioavailable folate per capsule
- provides 5-Methyl-Tetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), the most bioactive form of folic acid
- is 100% effective and has a higher bioavailability than conventional folic acid
- is also effective if the enzyme defect (MTHFR mutation) is present
- increases folate levels faster than conventional folic acid tablets
- Quatrefolic can cross the blood-brain barrier
- is free of allergens, such as gluten, lactose or soy
- is guaranteed free of any additives
- filled into small, easy to swallow capsules
- suitable for vegetarians, vegans, and diabetics
- has a very good price/performance ratio
Folate is the most bioactive form of folic acid
Folate and folic acid are also known as vitamin B9 and are one of the essential B vitamins. Actually, folic acid is only found in our diet in the form of folate. It is mainly found in green leafy vegetables, sprouts, fruits, nuts, dairy products, egg yolks, and liver.
However, folates are not very stable, and about 60-90% of folate is destroyed during cooking and through exposure to light. As a result, even nutrition-conscious people often find it difficult to meet their folate need through diet alone.
On top of that, only about 50% of the folate that actually makes its way into the body is absorbed. The reason for this is that enzymatic processes in the small intestine must first reduce folate to 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF). Only in this form it can be transported in the blood and perform its tasks in tandem with other vitamins such as B12 and B6.
Folic acid is primarily offered as a nutritional supplement since, to date, it has not been possible to stabilize folate. But even folic acid must first be converted in the body into the active form of folate-5-MTHF so that it can be used by our cells.
Quatrefolic - the most effective, bioavailable form of folic acid
After years of research, an Italian manufacturer has successfully stabilized the bioactive folate form 5-MTHF. This was achieved by binding the folate to vegetal glucosamine. The result is Quatrefolic, which is currently the most effective, stable form of folate with the highest bioavailability.
Quatrefolic passes through the small intestine into the bloodstream and is subsequently absorbed directly into the body's cells, without having to be first converted in the body, as is the case with normal folic acid or folate obtained from food. This permits the folate in the form of 5-MTHF absorbed with Quatrefolic to directly carry out its key tasks in the body's metabolism.
Quatrefolic is also the only form of folate that can cross the blood-brain barrier. This is crucial, as scientists believe a deficiency of folic acid in the brain to be a risk factor for the development of depression, Alzheimer's disease or other neurological diseases.
Since Quatrefolic can be directly absorbed by the body without loss, half of the amount usually recommended in the form of folic acid is sufficient.
Quatrefolic acts directly and independently of enzymes
As previously mentioned, folic acid or folate obtained from food must first be converted by the body into the active folate form 5-MTHF. However, roughly half of all individuals have reduced enzyme function due to a genetic defect, the so-called MTHFR mutation, which can be detected through a gene test.
If the necessary enzymes are missing, unmetabolized conventional folic acid cannot be converted into the active folate 5-MTHF. Since 5-MTHF also activates the inactive form of vitamin B12 - Cobalamin - the presence of this genetic defect also impairs all vitamin B12 metabolism.
This explains why, despite adequate intake of folic acid, some individuals' folate blood levels are too low and they also show symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency. Therefore, these individuals require the active form of folic acid contained in BioActive Folate capsules, as well as active vitamin B12 in the form of methylcobalamin.
The absorption of food-derived folate and folic acid can also be diminished by absorption deficiencies in the intestine caused by e.g. celiac disease, medications or contraceptives.
What can Bioactive Folate do for your health?
A sufficient supply of folates is very important since they are involved in numerous metabolic processes in the body and thus play a vital role in health.
- contributes to the growth of maternal tissue during pregnancy
- is important for normal amino acid synthesis
- is required for normal blood formation
- contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism
- contributes to normal psychological function
- is important for the normal functioning of the immune system
- helps reduce tiredness and fatigue
- has a function in cell division
Folic acid deficiency is one of the most underestimated health problems in Europe, and many people absorb far too little of this important vitamin through food.
Possible consequences of a lack of folic acid:
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- Problems during pregnancy
- Increased level of homocysteine in the blood
- Shortness of breath (due to lack of red blood cells)
- Brain dysfunction (e.g. mood swings and irritability)
- Numbness and tingling in the feet and hands
- Decreased sense of taste
Folic acid and vitamin B12 work closely together
Folic acid and vitamin B12 are directly dependent on each other for their metabolism. Among others, the active folate form 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF) activates cobalamin, the reduced vitamin B12 form, transforming it into methylcobalamin. Vitamin B12 can only perform its tasks in the body in this activated form.
Methylcobalamin delivers its methyl group to homocysteine, turning it into methionine. This, in turn, is converted into S-adenosylmethionine (SAM), which has a significant influence on the genes, hormones, the production of antioxidants, neurotransmitters, and detoxification.
On the other hand, vitamin B12 is responsible for reactivating folic acid by converting it back into the form of tetrahydrofolate, which is usable by the body. Consequently, vitamin B12 deficiency can indirectly lead to folic acid deficiency since it remains stuck in an inactive form after some time.
Does BioActive Folate have side effects?
The active form of folate contained in BioActive Folate has no side effects when used at the recommended dosage.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colors
- Fructose Free
- Gelatin Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavors
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystall. Cellulose
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated