Would you like to buy arginine and are you looking for a high-quality arginine preparation? Then you are in exactly the right place. We have high-quality arginine with no additives.
L-arginine belongs to the so-called semi-essential amino acids. Although the body can manufacture the substance itself, it is dependent on the supply of food or food supplements under certain conditions, such as increased physical activity, illness or growth.
What can the vital substance do for you in particular?
L-arginine is involved in numerous metabolic processes in the body. The areas of application of the amino acid are correspondingly broad.
- Sexuality: In studies, L-arginine with pine bark extract, in particular, has shown a positive influence on male stamina. L-arginine can also contribute to a fulfilling love life in women.
- Heart and blood vessels: L-arginine contains a lot of nitrogen and can react with oxygen to form nitrogen monoxide. This substance affects vascular health. L-arginine can, therefore, support cardiovascular health. This is particularly important for people who have high blood pressure and for smokers.
- Immune system: The amino acid arginine also plays a role in the functioning of the immune system. It contributes to the activity of the thymus gland and can thus support the body's defense against viruses, bacteria or fungi.
- Muscle growth: L-arginine can cause blood vessels to widen. In this way, it can support performance. The amino acid intake is therefore popular with competitive athletes and bodybuilders.
- Healthy body weight: The amino acid can promote the release of growth hormones. This should not only support the growth of the muscles, but also fat burning. L-arginine is a good companion on the way to a comfortable weight.
- Cell health and metabolism: The body can gain nitric oxide from L-arginine. Nitric oxide, also known as NO, is involved in cell communication. Well-functioning cell communication is, in turn, a prerequisite for cell health and all metabolic processes in the body.
Buying L-arginine - what should you pay attention to?
The selection of arginine supplements is broad. We'll tell you what really matters when buying this supplement.
- Products and dosage forms
- Ingredients and dosage
- L-arginine forms
- Intake and tolerance
- Additives and allergens
- Price-performance ratio
- satisfaction guarantee
When buying arginine, the question arises as to the form of the amino acid it contains. Where exactly is the difference? The L-arginine base stands for the pure amino acid arginine. In the case of L-arginine Hcl, however, the amino acid is bound as a salt of hydrochloric acid. The pure arginine content here is often only 75 to 85% and not close to 100%. For a good supply, you should therefore always use the base.
Products and dosage forms
Arginine products are mainly offered in the form of capsules, tablets or powders. Here are the main advantages and disadvantages of the individual dosage forms.
- Arginine capsules The L-arginine capsules are loosely filled with powder. They dissolve quickly in the stomach, so that quick absorption is possible. The capsules are also good for on the go or while traveling.
- Arginine powder L-arginine powder can be stirred into water or into protein shakes. The dosage is done easily with a teaspoon or a fine-scale. Larger amounts of arginine can be supplied faster.
- Arginine tablets This is pressed powder. As with the capsules, the advantage of the tablets is that they can be taken easily in your free time.
Ingredients and dosage
A high-quality nutritional supplement contains almost 100% pure amino acid. There is no clear recommendation for the daily dose. How much arginine makes sense per day depends on both your age and your state of health. However, various tests show that the dosage should be at least 3000 to 6000 mg per day for a better effect.
Intake and tolerance
The amino acid is generally well tolerated. There is hardly any experience with L-arginine side effects even with long-term use and higher doses. In rare cases, nausea or stomach pain can occur.
Additives and allergens
You should definitely choose a dietary supplement that is free from unnecessary additives. Dyes and preservatives can cause intolerance reactions, especially in sensitive people. Allergens such as soy, gluten, yeast, and lactose are also not included in a high-quality amino acid dietary supplement.
In particular, the quality and the purity of the amino acid determine the price. Conspicuously cheap offers indicate that savings were made in one or even both quality factors. When comparing prices, therefore, always pay attention to the exact composition and content of L-arginine. It often turns out that slightly more expensive preparations still have a better price-performance ratio.
Amino acid side effects are rare. Even with a high-quality product, it can always happen that a food supplement is not well tolerated by some people. It can be a decisive advantage to order from a merchant who offers a satisfaction guarantee. That way, you can return the goods if you don't like them or if you have an intolerance against them.
Questions and answers about buying L-arginine
These questions and answers may be of interest to you.
What is arginine?
Arginine is one of the semi-essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. They serve to build up body tissue. Some amino acids such as arginine are precursors to neurotransmitters. These act as messenger substances in the body.
Which arginine is the best?
L-arginine is recommended as the base. The purity here is between 98 and 100%. The substance is primarily obtained through the fermentation of plant substances. In contrast, arginine hydrochloride is produced by extraction from feathers. These preparations often also contain pharmaceutical or other pollutant residues. The base is, therefore, the better choice. Since the starting substance here is purely vegetable, this variant is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
How much arginine a day makes sense?
This question can’t be answered generally. Doses of up to 15 g per day are considered safe. Otherwise, the dose should be selected according to the application. If you do a lot of strength or competitive sports, higher dosage can be useful. Individual needs can also be increased in the case of acute or chronic illness.
How should you take L-arginine?
The support of the organism begins just 20 minutes after taking L-arginine and lasts for about 3 hours. In order to achieve a lasting effect, it is advisable to choose different times of intake per day. You can simply divide the daily dose into several individual doses.
Where can you buy L-arginine?
The largest selection of L-arginine supplements can be found on the internet. The local pharmacy also usually offers a small number of preparations.