The beetroot, also known as beet, belongs to the amaranth family and is a cultivated beet. It is related to both sugar beet and chard. The beetroot used to be used as a dye plant. Today it is enjoying increasing popularity as a vegetable. Quite rightly, because the beetroot is one of the vegetables that are rich in vital substances. It has a very high vitamin B content and is also rich in potassium, iron and folic acid. It can be cooked, but it can also be used raw. Those who do not like the intense taste of fresh beetroot and still want to experience the positive properties of the vegetables first hand can use a dietary supplement with beetroot.
What Can Beetroot Do For You?
Beetroot not only provides important vitamins and minerals, but it is also rich in phytochemicals. These give it among other things, its deep red color. The vital substances contained can have a positive impact on your health in various ways.
- Cardiovascular system A strong heart and healthy blood vessels are the prerequisites for vitality and well-being. Beetroot contains various ingredients that can support your vascular health. Studies show that consuming beetroot daily for a week can improve endurance in people with an impaired cardiac output.
- Strength and endurance Some studies have shown a positive effect of beetroot on endurance and strength in athletes. The researchers suspect beets contribute to a better supply of oxygen and faster muscle regeneration. Athletes who frequently eat beetroot recover faster after exercise.
- Healthy teeth and gums Who wouldn't want shiny teeth and healthy gums? Holes in the teeth are not only unsightly to look at, but they can also lead to discomfort when eating. Regular consumption of beetroot can counteract the colonization of bacteria in the oral cavity and thus support the health of teeth and gums. 
Buy beetroot - What should you look out for?
If you are looking to buy beetroot powder, you will find that there are many choices. We'll tell you what you should really look out for when buying.
- Products and dosage forms
- Dosage and ingredients
- Application and tolerance
- Additives and allergens
- Price-performance ratio
- Satisfaction Guarantee
Products and dosage forms
Beetroot supplement is available in powder, tablet and capsule form. We will explain the advantages and disadvantages of the individual dosage forms to you.
To make beetroot powder, the ripe beet is first peeled and then pressed into juice. This is then dehydrated and ground into powder. With this gentle preparation, all valuable ingredients are preserved. You can simply stir the beetroot powder into water or make cakes, smoothies, yogurt, not only giving it an extra portion of vital substances, but also a beautiful reddish color.
Beetroot tablets are made from pressed beetroot powder. The tablets are easy to dose and are ideal for use when traveling.
Beetroot capsules, like the tablets, are suitable for use when travelling and on the go. They also contain beetroot powder under their plant-based shell. Capsules with a plant-based shell are also suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Beetroot: Ingredients and dosage
The beets are rich in vital substances such as Magnesium, Folic Acid and Potassium. The red pigment Betanin is a specialty of the beetroot. This is a powerful antioxidant. Other health-promoting ingredients include:
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin E
There is nothing wrong with consuming beetroot every day. For food supplements, you should adhere to the recommended dosage on the package label.
Application and tolerance
Beetroot is easy to digest. However, beetroot contains Oxalic Acid. People who are prone to the formation of kidney stones should consume vegetables with caution.
Beetroot powder has many uses in the kitchen. Beetroot powder is vitalizing and tasty at the same time. For example, you can stir it in your yogurt in the morning. Beetroot powder also tastes good in smoothies. Maybe you would like to make cereal bars with beetroot powder for lunch? If you appreciate the unusual, you can also prepare a beetroot latte with the powder. The powder can also be used to make sweet and savory pastries. You can use beetroot to make delicious spreads as an alternative to sausage and cheese.
Additives and allergens
If you are looking to buy beetroot, you should choose a product that is free from unnecessary additives. A high-quality product contains only beetroot and no preservatives or colouring. At best, buy an organic quality product. So you can be sure that it does not contain any pesticides or other chemicals. Furthermore, for the sake of your health, the beets used should never be genetically modified or treated with ionizing radiation. This is the only way to really benefit from the desired effect.
An allergy to beetroot is quite rare. If you are prone to allergies, you should make sure when buying beetroot products that they do not contain any potential allergens such as lactose, soy, or gluten.
When buying beetroot powder a price comparison can be worthwhile. Very cheap products often contain superfluous additives or are not of organic quality. You can find products with a good price-performance ratio online. These are purely plant-based and 100% natural. They are therefore well suited for a supplement to the daily diet without being a strain on your wallet.
Beetroot powder is well tolerated and used with great pleasure by most people. But everybody is different, so in rare cases, an intolerance reaction can occur even with good quality products. You avoid any risk when you order from a seller with a satisfaction guarantee. If you can't tolerate the product, you can return it and your money will be refunded to you. This also applies if you don't like the taste of the powder or if you don't like the powder for other reasons.
Questions and answers about buying beetroot
These questions and answers about buying beetroot may be of interest to you.
Where can you buy beetroot?
More than likely you can find vegetables in every supermarket. Beetroot powder and other beetroot supplements are best ordered online. Here you have the largest selection of high-quality products. Every now and then you can find beetroot powder in well-stocked pharmacies or drug stores.
Who is beetroot suitable for?
Beetroot is suitable for all people who want to supplement their diet in a meaningful way. The beet, rich in vital substances, can, for example, contribute to a good supply of nutrients in phases of life with an unbalanced diet. The powder is also very popular with endurance athletes. Beetroot is also suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women who have increased nutritional needs.
Beetroot Studies and references
- Eggebeen J, Kim-Shapiro DB, Haykowsky M, Morgan TM, Basu S, Brubaker P, Rejeski J, Kitzman DW One week of daily dosing with beetroot juice improves submaximal endurance and blood pressure in older patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction JACC Heart Failure 2016; 4(6): 428-437
- Nyakayiru J, Jonvik KL et al. Beetroot Juice Supplementation Improves High-Intensity Intermittent Type Exercise Performance in Trained Soccer Players, Nutrients 2017, 22,9(3)
- Hohensinn B, Haselgrübler R et al. Sustaining elevated levels of nitrite in the oral cavity through consumption of nitrate-rich beetroot juice in young healthy adults reduces salivary pH Nitric Oxide, 2016, 11(60), 10-15