100% vegetarian Omega 3 DHA
Omega 3 DHA delivers Omega 3 fatty acids derived from algae for highest quality and purity and is the perfect alternative to fish oil capsules. It is great for vegetarians and vegans in order to get adequate Omega 3 Fatty Acids to support the health of the heart, brain and eyes.
High quality vegetable Omega 3 Fatty Acids
So far, fatty fish were regarded as the best source of the Omega 3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. The reason why fish contains so much Omega 3 is because they feed mainly on algae.
Now it has become possible to derive the Omega 3 Fatty Acids directly from algae to get the highest quality and purity. The algae used for Omega 3 DHA grows under controlled conditions without the use of pesticides.
It does not disrupt the ecosystem of the sea and has no negative impact on fish or their natural food sources.
Why you should decide for Omega 3 DHA?
- Omega 3 DHA contains DHA, which is produced from from algae, an all-natural vegetarian source. From start to finish, it is produced using an inspected facility to ensure the highest quality product.
- Omega 3 DHA is rich in DHA only, unlike fish oil, which contains a blend of DHA and eicosapentaenoic acid, EPA, another omega-3 fatty acid. While DHA specifically is a primary structural fat in the brain and eyes, EPA is not.
- Omega 3 DHA contains 100% plant-based Omega 3 fatty acids and is therefore the only alternative for Vegetarians, Vegans and those allergic to fish to get this most important nutrient.
- Omega 3 DHA only contains the Omega 3 fatty acids in its natural Triglyceride Form, which can be assimilated easily from the body and therefore has a high bioavailability.
- Omega 3 DHA Algae Oil is produced by a completely solvent free production process under strict controlled conditions.
- Omega 3 DHA is derived from cultivated algae grown without pesticides. Since it is not derived from fish it is free of any unwanted ocean-borne contaminants such as PCBs and dioxins. The cultivation of the algae does not interfere with the ecological system of the ocean.
- Omega 3 DHA is from a non-GMO source and is considered both Kosher and Halal. Also it is free from animal products, fish, lactose, wheat, gluten, yeast, iodine, artificial colors or flavors as well as preservatives.
Why is DHA the most important Omega 3 Fatty Acid?
DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) an omega-3 fatty acid found throughout the body, is a major structural fat in the brain and eyes, representing about 97% of all omega-3 fats in the brain and 93% of all omega-3 fats in the retina. It is also a key component of the heart.
DHA is important for brain and eye development and function throughout the lifecycle, but is particularly important during the first two years of life and early childhood. Between birth and five years of age, the human brain increases approximately 3.5 times in mass.
It is important that children consume adequate amounts of DHA in their diet to support this period of rapid brain and eye growth and development. DHA ensures that cells in the brain, retina, heart and other parts of the nervous system develop and function properly.
DHA is the only omega-3 shown to provide brain, eye and heart health benefits. EPA, found in fish oil, has been shown to support cardiovascular health but has not been proven to play a role in brain or eye health.
ALA, found in flaxseed oil, has no known independent benefits on brain or eye health and there are insufficient data to support its role in cardiovascular health.
Omega 3 DHA supports brain, eye and heart health
A growing body of research continues to support the role that DHA plays in maintaining good health throughout the lifecycle. DHA is the major structural fat in the brain and eyes accounting for up to 97% of the omega-3 fatty acids in the brain and up to 93% of the omega-3 fatty acids in the retina.
Studies have shown that DHA is necessary for the optimal structure and function of nerve cells in the brain and eyes. Low levels of DHA have been associated with the increased risk of depression and Alzheimer´s Disease in adults as well as attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
Additionally, a scientific review on DHA stressed the significant role that DHA plays in the maintenance of normal neurological function.
DHA is also a key component of the heart and one of the omega-3 fats recommended by the American Heart Association and USDA Dietary Guidelines for good cardiovascular health.
Omega 3 DHA for Pregnant and Nursing Women
Maternal nutrition before, during and after pregnancy plays an important role in fetal and infant development, as well as in maternal well-being.
Docosahexaenoic acid, DHA, an omega-3 fatty acid found throughout the body, supports optimal fetal and infant brain, eye and nervous system development. Because developing infants cannot efficiently produce their own DHA, they must obtain this vital nutrient through the placenta during pregnancy and from breast milk after birth.
Maternal DHA supplementation during pregnancy and nursing significantly enhances the level of DHA available to the fetus and infant and may subsequently improve developmental outcomes.
DHA has also been shown to play a part in maternal well-being.
Based on the growing data supporting the importance of DHA in the maternal diet, dietary recommendations for maternal DHA intake have emerged. Unfortunately, the typical diet among U.S. women of childbearing age is consistently low in DHA, due, in large part, to limited dietary sources.
Fatty fish are the primary dietary sources of DHA, yet expert bodies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), have advised pregnant and nursing women to limit their fish consumption due to the potentially high levels of methyl-mercury.
DHA Supports a Healthy Pregnancy for Mothers-to-be
Maternal DHA supplementation during pregnancy and nursing significantly enhances the level of DHA available to the fetus and infant and may improve developmental outcomes, such as improved eye-hand coordination, motor skills and attention spans.
DHA has also been shown to play a part in maternal well-being. One study showed that maternal DHA supplementation increased the length of pregnancy by 6 days helping mothers carry to a healthy or full term.
Additionally, some research suggests that adequate levels of DHA in the maternal diet may play a role in helping a mothers emotional well-being after birth.
Omega 3 DHA is important for Brain and Eye Development in Infants and Toddlers
DHA is particularly important between birth and five years of age, because during that time the human brain increases approximately 3.5 times in mass. It is crucial that children consume adequate amounts of DHA in their diet to support this period of rapid brain and eye growth and development.
Certain studies have shown that infants who either received DHA during gestation or during the first year of life exhibited improved mental development and better visual acuity, and have significantly lower blood pressure.Young children who received DHA supplementation exhibited a range of advantages over those who did not receive DHA supplementation, including improved vision and improved blood vessel function specifically in children with high cholesterol levels.
Guaranteed Quality for Your Health
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.
These 5 factors guarantee our quality:
1. Independent lab tested
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- finished products are independent lab tested to verify label claims
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
2. Highest quality ingredients without compromise
- we use only the most natural, pure and safe ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee purity and efficacy
- most bioavailable forms available in a therapeutically effective dose
3. Guaranteed pure and free from additives:
- total renunciation of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of coatings, binders, shellacs, artificial colors, ect.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
4. Manufactured in to the highest quality standards
- manufactured in certified facilities on the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the most stringent hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, ect.
5. Full label disclosure
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- all active compounds are specified on the label
- allergens and animal products are always stated