Melatonin 5 mg Sublingual Tablet - high dose melatonin for better sleep
The sleep hormone melatonin is a natural remedy for sleep problems and jet lag, because it helps to fall asleep quicker and get a good night's sleep. Taken at the right time, melatonin helps to improve our ability to sleep by regulating the sleep-wake cycle and thus supporting a deeper and more prolonged sleep.
Melatonin also influences the regulated release of hormones that control metabolism. A decreased supply of melatonin may therefore not only lead to sleep disorders and a poor quality of sleep, but is also associated with increased risks of obesity, diabetes, depression, heart disease, premature ageing, and with reduced immune function.
Melatonin has the ability to rebalance the sleep-wake cycle and to combat sleep problems. It can also reduce health problems which are associated with inadequate sleep, thus leading to improved well-being and performance.
Advantages of high-dose Melatonin 5mg lozenges:
The melatonin 5mg lozenges are recommended for all those for whom a lower dosage of melatonin was not sufficient to resolve sleep problems.
- High-dose, 5 mg melatonin per lozenge
- Fast absorption through the mucosa of the mouth for rapid effect
- 100% pure premium-quality melatonin
- Sweetened with tooth-friendly xylitol
- Pleasant natural peppermint flavour
- Guaranteed free of unnecessary additives
- Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and diabetics
- Excellent value for money
What effect has the sleep hormone melatonin?
The majority of our customers use melatonin as a natural aid to sleep, since it supports our biological sleep-wake rhythm. Melatonin helps to
- reduce the time it takes to fall asleep
- extend the duration of sleep
- improve the quality of sleep
- support the natural sleep-wake cycle
- supports a relaxing sleep for people who work night shifts
- reduce jet-lag in order to maintain a regulated sleep-wake-cycle, despite long journeys
- compensate for chronically low melatonin levels
Melatonin regulates not only the sleep wake cycle, but has many more functions in the body's daily circadian rhythm:
- Controls heart rate and blood pressure
- Lowers body temperature at night
- Reduces energy consumption
- Has a positive effect on the immune system
- Activates antioxidant enzymes, thereby reducing the ageing process of cells
- Regulates kidney function and the secretion of cortisol
- Stimulates the secretion of the growth hormone somatotropin during deep sleep phases
- Has a positive effect on memory, learning and mood, due to more restorative sleep
- Influences the secretion of various hormones, such as the luteinising hormone prolactin, corticosteroids, thyroid hormones and insulin
- Supports the healing of gastric ulcers
- Helps to combat season-related depression
What is the recommended dosage of melatonin?
There is no general recommendation for melatonin dosage, since people react differently to melatonin. Sensitive people generally require lower amounts of melatonin.
The right dosage is one which allows you to go to sleep easily and experience no irritability or sleepiness in the day after you get up.
As a general rule, always start with a low dosage and see how you feel. If you feel sufficiently improved, it is not necessary to increase the dosage.
It is recommended to start with a dosage of 0.5 to 1 mg Melatonin. If this is not enough and you are unable to fall asleep within a reasonable time, the dosage can be increased gradually as necessary, up to 5 mg (or more).
It is not recommended to immediately start with a high dosage at the beginning. If you feel tired and irritable the morning after taking melatonin, the dosage was too high and should be reduced the next evening. Studies show that a higher dosage of melatonin does not necessarily lead to better sleep.
If you take melatonin for a period of two weeks or longer and notice no improvement in your sleep, there could be other reasons, such as inner restlessness, anxiety or depression. This indicates not only a melatonin deficiency, but also a serotonin deficiency. In cases like these, we recommend our products Serosan, Serenity or 5-HTP, either as a complete solution or in addition to melatonin.
Under no circumstances should melatonin be taken during the day if you want to stay awake, because because it can lead to tiredness, drowsiness, prolonged reaction time and reduced mental and physical performance.
At what time should the 5mg melatonin lozenges be ingested?
In contrary to melatonin tablets or capsules, melatonin lozenges allow you to adjust the onset of the effects to suit personal needs, since the melatonin is absorbed sublingually, directly through the mucosa lining of the mouth. Even when the lozenge is taken immediately before going to sleep, the sleep-inducing effect occurs quickly.
Melatonin Sublingual Lozenges should be dissolved in the mouth shortly (15 minutes) before going to bed. The ideal time is between 9 and 11 pm, since this matches the body's natural 24-hour rhythm and melatonin which is taken at this time strengthens the pre-determined readiness for sleep.
The ideal time is slightly different for each person, so you will need to experiment a little and find that out for yourself.
Will melatonin help me to sleep right through the night?
Melatonin levels rise rapidly after taking Melatonin Sublingual Lozenges and it takes less time to fall asleep. Subsequently, melatonin levels drop continually until the morning, so problems sleeping through may persist, despite the intake of melatonin.
If you have problems sleeping through, you can try taking some more melatonin when you wake up at night. However, it is important to take a very low dose, for which we recommend our Melatonin 0.5 mg lozenges. Dosages that are too high may result in tiredness and irritability after waking up.
Alternatively, you can take the amino acid glycine instead of melatonin to help you to go back to sleep. Glycine is well suited to this purpose.
In which cases is it recommended to take melatonin?
Melatonin supplements can help as a natural sleeping aid in cases of:
- Melatonin deficiency
- Insomnia and sleep disorders
- Trouble sleeping through and light sleep
- Sleep disorders which have been caused by medication
- Correction of subjective jet lag phenomena
- Mood swings, to maintain a regular sleep-wake rhythm
- Season-related depression
- As an additional aid for the treatment of some types of tumours
- To delay premature skin ageing
- To prevent stomach ulcers
- In cases of visual impairment and other disabilities, where the body does not naturally produce an adequate supply of melatonin.
Can 5 mg Melatonin Lozenges be combined with other nutritional supplements?
Melatonin can also be combined with other supplements which promote falling asleep and staying asleep. These include 5-HTP, L-Tryptophan, Glycine, GABA, L-Theanine, Lemon Balm and Valerian.
In these cases, the dosage of melatonin and the other nutritional supplements with which it is taken should be kept low at the beginning. Depending on how you feel, the dosage of the various sleep-promoting supplements can be adjusted to meet your needs.
The combination of melatonin with Vitamin C may increase the antioxidant properties of both supplements.
Those who have been prescribed Omeprazole can take melatonin to help protect the stomach.
Can children also take melatonin?
Please consult a doctor before administering melatonin to children. Studies show that melatonin may have a positive effect on autism spectrum disorders and mental disabilities.
In children and adolescents with ADHD, melatonin showed an effect when combined with other measures for sleep promotion. These include a fixed daily routine, regular bed times, no television, phone or computer in the bedroom, no stimulating activities directly before bedtime, and avoiding caffeinated drinks several hours before bedtime. In cases such as these, it is generally recommended to start with low dosages of melatonin.
Does melatonin have side effects?
Melatonin is hormone which is naturally created by the body. When used correctly, it is generally well-tolerated and has no side effects. It also does not lead to addiction or withdrawal symptoms.
However, some sensitive individuals may experience side effects from melatonin such as vivid dreams or nightmares, headaches, dizziness, stomach complaints, irritability and listlessness. All of these side effects occur very rarely and only if the dosage consumed was higher than personal requirements.
Pregnant women and nursing mothers should not take melatonin, because the effects on babies have not yet been investigated. Those with hormone-related health issues should consult a doctor before taking melatonin.
Melatonin should not be taken during the day, since this can lead to a disturbance of the natural circadian rhythm and extreme tiredness during the day. After taking melatonin, vehicles or machines should not be operated for approximately 3 to 5 hours, since it increases reaction time.
Does melatonin create interactions with pharmacological drugs?
Although pharmacological interactions between melatonin and medications have not been extensively investigated, people who take the following medications should consult their doctors before taking melatonin, since melatonin may increase or decrease the effect of the medication.
- Antipsychotic medication
- Medication for ADHD
- Birth control pills
- Medication for diabetes
- Anticoagulants and anti-platelet medications
- Blood pressure medications
Can melatonin be bought without a prescription in Germany?
Melatonin is not a medication. According to EU regulations, it is a nutritional supplement that is used to remedy sleep disorders and jet lag, so melatonin preparations can be purchased without a prescription at pharmacies and chemists or online. Melatonin is available in the form of melatonin tablets, melatonin capsules, melatonin lozenges, melatonin drops and as a melatonin spray.
Ease of use, precisely controlled dosage and optimum absorption through the mucosa of the mouth make melatonin lozenges the best way to take melatonin, which is why doctors, pharmacists and therapists increasingly recommend melatonin lozenges.
The effect of melatonin depends heavily on finding the correct dosage. Using a melatonin spray or melatonin drops can certainly produce dosages that are too high or too low, and often contain flavourings, stabilisers or other additives.
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated