Maqui Berry Powder - 100% pure, raw and rich in nutrients
Maqui berry is one of natures medical miracles. For centuries it has been a key part of the dietary, medicinal and ceremonial culture of Patagonias Mapuche Indians (Chile). They are on to a good thing. This miracle berry is packed with essential vitamins, dietary fibre, protein, carbohydrate, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds.
Maqui, or Aristotelia chilensis, is a tree that grows wild in Patagonia. Its purple berry is revered by the local Mapuche Indians, who use it as both foodstuff and medicine. They regard it as sacred due to its power in both roles.
Maqui is harvested sustainably by the Mapuche. They beat the flexible tree branches to recover the fruit, then place fallen leaf and twig matter on the ground below to create fertiliser. No herbicides or pesticides are used in the care and cultivation of our Maqui, which grows in a remote area far from industrial and urban sources of pollution. Maqui Berry Powder Organic is naturally pure.
Maqui fully deserves the label superfood. It is a potent source of protein, vitamins, minerals and fibre. It has one of the highest antioxidant values of any fruit as measured by ORAC and also the broadest range of antioxidant protection as measured by Total ORAC.
It has a huge concentration of anthocyanins (particularly delphinidin) and polyphenols. Science is increasingly discovering that compounds within Maqui have significant anti-inflammatory qualities, too.
Advantages of Vitality Nutritionals Organic Maqui Berry Powder:
- all natural organic Maqui Berry powder in raw food quality
- gently manufactured using the freeze drying process to preserve all nutrients
- from wild-crafted fruits, grown without fertiliser and pesticides
- guaranteed free from maltodextrin and flowing agents
- no added colours, flavours and preservatives
- great alternative for people who cannot swallow Maqui Berry capsules
- rich source for vital nutrients, such as Polyphenols, Calcium, Potassium and Iron
Health Benefits of Maqui Berry Powder:
- It is a potent antioxidant and so can help protect from the enormous array of problems believed to be caused by free radical oxidisation damage including heart disease, cancer, arthritis and premature ageing
- It supports cardiovascular health
- It inhibits LDL oxidation which can lead to artherosclerosis
- It supports healthy blood sugar levels
- It helps control proinflammatory cytokines and enzymes that cause inflammation
- It has possible weight loss benefits as it is thermogenic (increases body heat through metabolic stimulation)
As transporting fresh berries across the globe is both impractical and environmentally disastrous, Maqui berries in freeze-dried powder form is a great alternative.
Freeze-drying involves rapidly freezing berry pulp then warming it to vaporise the frozen water content. A high percentage of the original nutritional elements remains, in portable, convenient and environmentally responsible form.