Evening Primrose Oil Capsules - Rich in essential polyunsaturated fatty acids
For a long time, a high-fat diet was, and often still is, considered off-limits. But fats per se are not bad for you. On the contrary: In the right composition, our body needs a sufficient supply of fatty acids. In particular, poly-unsaturated omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids fulfil numerous important functions in the human organism; however, they are much too rarely included in our daily diet. Poly-unsaturated fatty acids like gamma linolenic acid play a key role in cell renewal and various metabolic processes.
As the body is not able to produce these essential fatty acids itself, it must rely on a sufficient supply. Vitality Nutritionals evening primrose oil capsules are rich in the essential poly-unsaturated fatty acids linolenic acid and gamma linolenic acid, contributing to a good nutrient supply.
The spectrum of active substances in evening primrose oil capsules
In its guidelines, the German Nutrition Association (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Ernährung/DGE) repeatedly points out how important it is to ensure a sufficient supply of high-quality poly-unsaturated fatty acids such as linolenic acid and gamma linolenic acid. As a precursor for important tissue hormones, the so-called prostaglandins, linolenic acid plays a key role in the body’s metabolism. Series 1 prostaglandins primarily have an anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving effect. The oil gained from the seeds of the evening primrose can influence the prostaglandins which are involved in the hormonal processes during the menstruation cycle. An intake may therefore be recommended for those suffering from unpleasant symptoms before and during menstruation. Such complaints may include breast tenderness or moodiness.
Evening primrose oil can help you maintain healthy skin. The fatty acids in the oil are an important part of the natural skin barrier, which prevents the loss of moisture and acts as protection from external influences. Those suffering from skin problems such as dry, itching or scaly skin can use evening primrose oil both internally and externally. In general, please note that evening primrose oil should be used over a period of several months to achieve the desired effects.
However, the oil gained from evening primrose seeds not only contains beneficial fatty acids, but also supplies your body with amino acids and minerals; these, too, can have a positive impact on the body’s metabolic functions. A further substance contained in the capsules is vitamin E which comes from a natural, vegetable source (soybeans). This vital substance is an important antioxidant and supports the body in combating harmful free radicals. In this case, too, evening primrose oil promotes a healthy skin function and contributes to radiant and beautiful skin.
Why Vitality Nutritionals evening primrose oil capsules are guaranteed to be the best product you can buy:
- 100 % natural and pure evening primrose oil
- obtained through cold mechanical extraction, ensuring that none of the valuable active substances are lost
- high percentage of gamma linolenic acid (9 to 14 %)
- purely herbal capsules (suitable for vegetarians and vegans)
- especially small and easy to swallow capsules
- scientifically validated effectiveness of the active substances
- contains only natural substances
- contains only GMO-free substances
- controlled cultivation
- without artificial adjutants and binders
- contains no PEG- or PPG-emulsifiers, paraffins or petroleum products
- no animal testing
- without synthetic preservatives and parabens
- developed in Germany
Do Vitality Nutritionals evening primrose oil capsules have side effects?
In rare cases, the intake of evening primrose oil may trigger side effects. These include headaches, nausea and stomach and intestinal problems such as constipation, vomiting and diarrhoea. If you experience any of these symptoms, we recommend reducing the dose. In case of good tolerability, you can the start increasing the dose again until you reach the desired daily dose.
Evening primrose oil can increase bleeding in people taking the anticoagulant (blood thinning) drug warfarin (Coumadin). In this case, please discuss the intake with the doctor in advance.
For whom are evening primrose oil capsules ideally recommended?
The content of fat in your daily diet should be around 30 %. In reality, however, the fat intake of most people amounts to nearly 40 %. And we primarily consume bad fats and not those that are good for us. Industrially produced foods, for instance, come with a high percentage of saturated fatty acids and harmful hydrogenated fats. Healthy, poly-unsaturated fatty acids are often not included at all. In particular the level of omega-3 fatty acids like linolenic acid is much too low. This is why evening primrose oil capsules can contribute to a good supply with essential fatty acids such as linolenic acid or gamma linolenic acid.
Vitality Nutritionals evening primrose oil capsules are a valuable supplement to our daily diet. In particular, people with an unbalanced diet can benefit from the intake. And also when losing weight within the scope of a low-fat diet, the supportive intake of evening primrose oil capsules is recommendable to counteract a deficiency in essential fatty acids. In particular during physically and/or mentally challenging life situations, the body depends on a sufficient supply of healthy fats. This is why the intake of evening primrose oil capsules is recommendable during phases of increased stress.
Vitality Nutritionals evening primrose oil capsules are also ideal for those, suffering
- from skin problems like dry or itching skin
- neurodermatitis or other skin conditions
- complaints before and during menstruation, including breast tenderness or cravings
- (chronic) inflammation
Studies and references
- Mahboubi M Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) Oil in Management of Female Ailments J Menopausal Med., 25(2), 2019, 74-82
- Chung B, Young Park S, Je Hung M et al. Effect of Evening Primrose Oil on Korean Patients With Mild Atopic Dermatitis: A Randomized, Double-Blinded, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Study Ann Dermatol., 30(4), 2018, 409-416
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fish Free
- Free of Colours
- Fructose Free
- Gelatine Free
- Gluten Free
- Lactose Free
- No artificial Sweetener
- No Flavours
- No Magnesium Stearate
- No Microcrystal Cellulose
- No Silicon Dioxide
- No Sugar Alcohol
- Nut Free
- Peanut Free
- Preservative Free
- Shellfish Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
When it comes to your health, quality is most important. Therefore our Vitality Nutritionals products undergo state of the art independent laboratory analysis to verify label claims and to ensure that you get the highest quality nutrition supplements.These 5 factors guarantee our quality: 1. Proven quality
- all ingredients are tested for their purity and active compounds
- an independent laboratory also checks the quality of the end products
- the quality of the ingredients and products is confirmed by a certificate of analysis
- we only use the highest quality and pure ingredients
- standardised ingredients guarantee the potency of active ingredients
- highest bioavailability in a therapeutically effective dose
- total avoidance of all unnecessary additives
- absolutely free of artificial colours, fillers, binders etc.
- guaranteed free of genetically modified substances
- manufactured in certified facilities with the latest production equipment
- produced in compliance with the strictest hygiene regulations
- manufactured to the highest quality standards such as GMP, HACCP, IFS, etc.
- all ingredients and composition of the raw materials are indicated
- specification of all ingredients with their standardised active content
- allergens and animal products are always stated