Organic Cacao Powder - naturally rich in nutrients
Naturally pure cocoa powder is a true superfood. Unlike traditional hot chocolate, it contains no sugar and has a low fat content. It can be used in many foods, such as puddings, baked goods, cereals, smoothies and homemade chocolate.
Benefits of Vitality Nutritionals organic cocoa powder:
- 100% natural organic cocoa powder
- has a mild, aromatic flavor
- naturally free of gluten, lactose and dairy
- no added sugar, sweeteners and flavorings
- great for puddings, cakes, cereals, hot chocolate and smoothies
- naturally pure food, non-GMO
- suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Health benefits of cocoa powder:
- The content of vital nutrients in cocoa beans are impressive. An essential nutrient of cocoa is the amino acid tryptophan, which promotes relaxation. Tryptophan is a precursor for the happiness hormone serotonin. Therefore, many people crave chocolate when they are mentally down and unhappy.
- The high magnesium and potassium content of cocoa is beneficial to the healthy function of the muscles and the brain.
- The theobromine in cocoa has a mild stimulating effect, improves concentration and can be an alternative for coffee to boost energy. But unlike coffee, cocoa does not cause irritability or tremors.
- Cocoa also provides a wide range of antioxidant flavonoids. Therefore dark chocolate or pure cocoa is beneficial for the health of the heart and blood vessels.
- rich in minerals and phytonutrients
- delivers powerful antioxidants and has a high ORAC value
- promotes the production of serotonin, the happiness hormone
- enhances physical energy and stamina
- promotes mental performance and concentration
- supports the health of the cardiovascular system
- suppresses hunger and is therefore ideal during a diet
How is organic cocoa powder manufactured?
After harvesting, the cocoa pods are opened and the cocoa beans, which are embedded in the white pulp, are placed in wooden boxes and sealed. The sugar content of the pulp promotes a natural fermentation, during which the characteristic flavor, the aroma and the color of cocoa develops.
After that, the cocoa beans are dried, until almost all the moisture has disappeared. Subsequently, the cocoa beans are cleaned and treated by using steam to fight off bacteria. The cocoa beans are then gently roasted at low temperature and then finely ground.
Where does Vitality Nutritionals cocoa powder come from?
The cocoa powder is made from Criollo cocoa beans, which are grown under certified organic conditions in Peru. The Criollo cocoa bean is considered the finest cocoa bean and has usually almost no bitter taste. In addition to a mild cocoa flavor, it has a distinctive aroma.
Does cocoa powder have any side effects?
As a natural food cocoa powder has no side effects and a recommended intake per day does not exist. Because each person responds different to the stimulating effect of raw cocoa, you have to find out for yourself, at which amount of cocoa powder per day you feel the best.