Organic Raw Cacao Nibs - 100% Pure and energising
Cocoa nibs are made from raw, fermented cocoa beans. By nature, they have an intense, slightly bitter, aromatic cocoa flavor. They are rich in antioxidants, such as flavonoids and polyphenols, and are a great natural source of magnesium and iron.
The theobromine in cacao is stimulating and invigorating, and supplies a long lasting energy boost. At the same time, the amino acid tryptophan is relaxing and, as a precursor of serotonin, gives many people a feeling of happiness.
Natural pure cocoa nibs are a true superfood. They are ideal as a snack and improve mental and physical energy. Cacao Nibs can also be added to cereal or yogurt and can be used as an ingredient in baked goods or raw food bars.
All those, who think that the bitter cacao flavor is too intense for them, they can chew it together with dried raisins, goji berries, cranberries or other dried fruit, or fresh sweet fruit.
Benefits of Vitality Nutritionals Organic Cacao Nibs:
- made from 100% natural organic cocoa beans
- have an intense, slightly bitter, aromatic flavor
- naturally free of gluten, lactose and dairy
- no added sugar, sweeteners and flavorings
- great as a snack, or in addition to cereal, yoghurt, or for raw food bars and baked goods
- naturally pure, non-GMO
- suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Health benefits of cocoa nibs:
- The content of vital nutrients in cocoa beans is impressive. An essential nutrient of cocoa is the amino acid tryptophan, which promotes relaxation. Tryptophan is a precursor for the happiness hormone serotonin. Therefore, many people crave chocolate when they are mentally down and unhappy.
- The high magnesium and potassium content of cocoa is beneficial to the healthy function of the muscles and the brain. Cocoa beans also contain a lot of iron, which promotes the formation of blood cells which enhance the oxygen supply in the body.
- The theobromine in cocoa has a mild stimulating effect, improves concentration and can be an alternative for coffee to boost energy. But unlike coffee, cocoa does not cause irritability or tremors.
- Cocoa also provides a wide range of antioxidant flavonoids. Therefore dark chocolate or pure cocoa is beneficial for the health of the heart and blood vessels.
- rich in minerals and phytonutrients
- delivers powerful antioxidants and has a high ORAC value
- promotes the production of serotonin, the happiness hormone
- enhances physical energy and stamina
- promotes mental performance and concentration
- supports the health of the cardiovascular system
- suppresses hunger and is therefore ideal during a diet
How are organic cocoa nibs manufactured?
After harvesting, the cocoa pods are opened and the cocoa beans, which are embedded in the white pulp, are placed in wooden boxes and sealed. The sugar content of the pulp promotes a natural fermentation, during which the characteristic flavor, the aroma and the color of cocoa develops.
After that, the cocoa beans are dried, until almost all the moisture has disappeared. Subsequently, the cocoa beans are cleaned and treated by using steam to fight off bacteria. The cocoa beans are then crushed to get small cacao pieces, called nibs.
The whole manufacturing process is carried out at low temperatures, so that the nutrients and natural flavors are fully preserved. The Vitality Nutritionals Cocoa Nibs are not roasted and therefore do have raw food quality.
Where do Vitality Nutritionals Cocoa Nibs come from?
The cocoa nibs are made from Criollo cocoa beans, which are grown under certified organic conditions in Peru. The Criollo cocoa bean is considered the finest cocoa bean and has usually almost no bitter taste. In addition to a mild cocoa flavor, it has a distinctive aroma.
Do cacao nibs have any side effects?
As a natural food cocoa nibs do not have side effects and a recommended intake per day does not exist. Because each person responds different to the stimulating effect of raw cocoa, you have to find out for yourself, at which amount of cocoa nibs per day you feel the best.