Acai Berry Powder - 100% pure, raw and organic
It also has a rich cocoa and fruity taste. Acai boosts energy and strengthens the immune system, which is why it has recently become a dietary sensation among world-class athletes.
Adding Acai Berry Powder to your food or smoothie is rather like eating the fabled Mediterranean diet, in easily-managed form.
The fruit of the Acai palm, or Euterpe oleracea, is a small purple berry. Originally a wild tree, it is produced by local farmers in the Brazilian Amazon region. Acai has been for centuries one of the staples of the local diet, and has only recently been introduced to an export market.
Acai has a significant nutritional profile, providing calcium, iron, protein and dietary fibre. It is also a potent source of antioxidants. In fact, Acai has an amazing ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) score of 50,000 units per 100 grammes. To put this into perspective, red grapes score just 740 on the ORAC scale.
Advantages of Vitality Nutritionals Organic Acai Beeren Powder:
- all natural organic Acai Berry powder in raw food quality
- rich in Calcium, Vitamin C, Iron and B-Vitamins
- gently manufactured using the freeze drying process to preserve all nutrients
- guaranteed free from maltodextrin and flowing agents
- no added colours, flavours and preservatives
- great alternative for people who cannot swallow Acai capsules
Health Benefits of Acai Berry Powder Organic:
- Its immense antioxidant content helps maintain the health of the body, and protects against premature ageing.
- Its antioxidants promotes faster recovery from diseases.
- Its fantastic combination of Omega fatty acids aids digestive and cardiovascular health.
- Acai is an optimiser of the human system, which is why many of the world's greatest athletes now include it in the dietary element of their training regimes.
- Its easily-absorbed proteins help build and maintain muscle, aiding muscle recovery and tissue repair during sports training. Protein has a part to play in our fundamental biological processes.
- Its dietary fibre can help regulate blood sugar and maintain a healthy cholesterol level.
Acai´s high fat content means that it tends to go off much quicker than most fruit, typically within 24 hours. As soon as it is picked it is rushed to processing plants.
There are several ways to process Acai flesh, but by far the best is freeze-drying. This involves rapidly freezing berry pulp then warming and depressurising it to vaporise the frozen water content.
The result is a powdered product that contains as much as possible of the fresh fruits nutrition, in a light and portable form that is perfect for global export.